- Call 1-800-522-4700
San Francisco Giants vs. Cincinnati Reds
The San Francisco Giants (25-16) and Cincinnati Reds (19-20) will square off for the second of a four-game series Tuesday. The Reds will host this one at the Great American Ballpark, with first pitch scheduled for 6:40 pm ET.
The Giants were able to strike first on Monday, winning the opener 6-3. In the win, San Francisco hit three home runs while Logan Webb threw six innings of scoreless ball.
In the loss, the Reds hammered out ten hits but could only muster three runs. Tyler Naquin and Eugenio Suarez both homered, while Sonny Gray took the loss after giving up four runs (three earned) in five innings.
The Reds are the favorites in this one playing at home. They are -126 to win while the Giants’ moneyline is +108. The runline features San Francisco +1.5, and the over/under for total runs is eight.
San Francisco will send righty Anthony DeSclafani (3-1, 2.14 ERA) to the mound Monday. He will be pitching against his former team for the first time since signing with the Giants in the offseason.
The Reds will counter with Luis Castillo (1-5, 7.71 ERA). Expected to anchor the rotation, Castillo has struggled this season. The Reds have lost all but one of his starts to this point.
By The Number
The Reds currently rank tops in the majors in runs per game. They are currently averaging 5.39. The Giants rank 15th, averaging 4.33 runs per game.
Defensively, it is all San Francisco. They rank second in runs allowed per game at 3.50. The Reds fall to 28th, allowing opponents an average of 5.34 runs per game.
San Francisco Looks To Stay Hot
While most expected the Dodgers and Padres to run away with the NL. West, it is the Giants who have not only the best record in the division, but the best record in the National League. At 7-3 in their last ten games, they will look to stay hot Tuesday night.
Leading the way offensively for San Francisco is shortstop Brandon Crawford. He currently leads the team in both home runs (nine) and runs batted in (22).
In his career against Castillo, Crawford has homered in eight at-bats. Wilmer Flores, Buster Posey, and Mike Yastrzemski have also taken the righty deep in their careers.
Reds Hope To Tie Series
Unfortunately for Reds fans, after starting the season on fire, the Reds have struggled a bit lately. They are 5-5 in their last ten and now sit in fourth in the NL. Central, three games behind the first-place Cardinals.
While their pitching has been suspect at best, their offense has the potential to keep them in every game they play. Leading the way is outfielder Nick Castellanos. He is hitting .331/.391/.627 with 10 home runs, 25 runs batted in, and 29 runs scored.
The Reds have to be happy as Eugenio Suarez has started to show signs of life over the last week. In that span, he is hitting .276/.313/.552 with two home runs and eight runs batted in.
Fascinating Pitching Matchup Makes For Unpredictable Game
This pitching matchup is a fascinating one. On the one hand, you have DeSclafani, who spent his entire career until this year with the Reds, making his return to Great American Ballpark.
On the other hand, you have a pitcher with ace stuff in Luis Castillo, who is still trying to find his way this season.
Regardless, this should be a fun matchup to watch Tuesday night.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli3 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros World Series Game 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- betJACK Best Bets: NFL Week 12Barry Devoe3 days ago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns Best Prop Bets November 27Ayden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans Best Prop Bets November 27Barry Devoe5 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Bad Third Quarter Ruins Upset, Snaps Win StreakDrew Thirion1 day ago
- New York Islanders vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 25 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 days ago