Suns vs. Mavericks NBA on TNT Thursday Bet Preview
The Phoenix Suns, currently No.1 in the Western Conference, head to Dallas to take on the Mavericks. They’re on a four-game winning streak and are looking to claim their fifth. They’ll face off against Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingus on TNT Thursday night. They could be without Deandre Ayton though. Be sure to keep that injury in mind when making your pick.
The Dallas Mavericks are dealing with a few injuries themselves. They’ll also be playing on back-to-back days, which can be tough on the Mavericks. Hopefully, they’ll have enough rest considering they’re at home for both games. The Mavericks are quite a few games back from the Suns, a win here would go a long way. Let’s take a look at what to expect from each team.
Devin Booker & the Suns going for five straight
Devin Booker and the Suns have had a strong stretch and can increase it to five straight wins. Taking on the Dallas Mavericks is going to be a tough test for the Suns' defense though. The Phoenix defense is ranked No.6 in the NBA, allowing just 104.63 points per game. If Deandre Ayton is unable to play, they’ll have to find a way to stop Kristaps Porzingus on Thursday night.
On offense, the Suns can stretch the floor with Chris Paul, Devin Booker, and Mikal Bridges. They have the No.1 field-goal percentage in the NBA, shooting 47.59% from the field. Their three-point percentage is pretty great too at 36.82%. If they can get the right scoring opportunities, the Suns can run away with this one. They’ll have to be careful with Luka Doncic.
Defense is priority number one against Phoenix
For the Dallas Mavericks to win this one, they’ll need some incredible defense. Limiting the scoring opportunities of Devin Booker and Chris Paul is going to be tough. However, those aren’t the only two players to worry about on the Phoenix Suns. Mikal Bridges is a great scorer and Jae Crowder is getting better from beyond the arc. So, what can the Mavericks do about it?
Getting their offense going first will be important to securing a win here. Unfortunately, the Mavericks have the 25th offense in the NBA, scoring 105.45 points per game. Part of the lack of offense is due to the injuries the Mavericks have suffered this season. The tough sledding on offense hasn’t stopped them from beating teams like the Warriors and Bulls though.
Trends to consider when betting on the Suns at Mavericks
As you place your wagers on this one it’s important to consider some of the more notable trends here. In their last ten meetings against the Mavericks, the Suns have gone 8-2. The Suns against the spread record against the Mavericks in the last ten games is 6-4. This season, the Suns have been pretty great against the spread with a record of 24-19.
The Mavericks haven’t been great when covering the spread at home this year. With the key players missing from their lineup, they likely won’t be able to cover here either. In these scenarios, it’s much smarter to go with the team more reliable against the spread.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson4 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar4 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar4 months ago
- Recent Posts
- NFL: Updated AFC North title odds after Week 3Grant Puskar3 days ago
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar1 week ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank3 weeks ago