- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Three Trades the Cleveland Indians Should Make At MLB Deadline
A recent slump right before the All-Star Break has put the Cleveland Indians in a tough position. Cleveland is currently eight games out of first in the AL Central but are just 4.5 games in back for a Wild Card spot.
The Indians still have some time to make up ground, but they are going to have to get hot in a hurry. This is also a team that could use some help, and the trade deadline is coming at the end of July.
Cleveland is not likely to be complete sellers at the trade deadline, and therefore they need to make some moves. The Indians aren't going to make a big splash, but here are three moves they should make at the deadline.
Acquiring Bryan Reynolds
Jose Ramirez has continued to put up big numbers for the Indians, but he hasn't gotten much help on offense. With that in mind, the Indians need to find a way to get a player that can set the table at the top of the order.
If the Indians are serious about making a run in the second half, then they should reach out to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Pittsburgh is going to be selling again this season, and they have some pieces worth acquiring.
Tyler Anderson and Bryan Reynolds are two top targets on the Pirates, but the Indians don't have enough pieces to make that deal happen. Instead, the Indians should attempt to land Adam Reynolds.
Reynolds is going to be a player that hits .300 with close to 20 home runs. He is far from a superstar, but that would be a huge upgrade for Cleveland.
Getting Starter Jon Gray
It's no secret that the Indians need some help in the starting rotation, especially with Aaron Civale and Shane Bieber still out. Once again, the Indians don't have the assets to land a top MLB starter, but they have to grab someone.
Gray pitches for the Colorado Rockies, another team that is expected to be sellers at the deadline. Colorado is looking for some young prospects, and that is something that the Indians do have.
Acquiring Gray is a move that would not be seen as a significant upgrade, but he would provide some innings in the starting rotation. This type of move should be at the top of the priority list for the Cleveland Indians.
Striking a Deal With the Texas Rangers
The outfield has continued to come up short on offense for the Indians, and they are in need of adding a big bat. One of the biggest outfield bats on the market will be Joey Gallo of the Texas Rangers.
Gallo is going to be a top priority for a number of teams, and it does seem like the Rangers are going to be forced to deal him. Gallo could be a difference-maker in Cleveland for many years, and this type of move could set them up for success for years to come.
It’s unclear how costly this type of move would be, but the Indians at least need to consider this type of trade. Gallo has been on a tear since June and would be a huge upgrade to this offense.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman1 month ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli1 month ago
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar2 months ago
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli4 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb4 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank5 days ago