Top Bets For September 1st, 2022: Puskar's Picks
As the week comes to a close and we get ready for the first big weekend of the College Football season, there is still plenty of money to be made in the final two days of the work week.
Thursday night brings three of America's Top 25 teams into action, as No. 12 Oklahoma State, No. 17 Pittsburgh, and No. 22 Wake Forest all kick off their respected seasons tonight. The most exciting game of the evening and the one that should be the best of the three games is Pittsburgh hosting West Virginia.
As for the MLB slate for the day, it is a bit of a quiet day around the league, as just under half the league will enjoy their day off.
Top NCAAF Bets
- No. 17 Pittsburgh ML (-334)
- Pittsburgh/West Virginia under 51.5 points (-110)
The backyard brawl is back Thursday night, as my two favorite plays for the night come from the same game. Heading into the new season, both teams are set up with solid guys on the defensive side of the ball, so I like the under in this one.
West Virginia has won several of the games these two teams have played against eachother in the past 25 years, but I like Pittsburgh starting the season 1-0 at home in the Brawl.
Top MLB Bets
Coming off of a shutout the night before, the Guardians are due to score some runs and bounce back against the Orioles' Kyle Bradish, who is 2-5 on the season with a 5.63 ERA. Guardians ace Shane Bieber will be on the mound for the home team, so they should be in good hands.
Guardians ML (-179)
The Dodgers and the Mets currently are in a series split with the rubber match taking place this evening. Clayton Kershaw vs Chris Bassett should be a low scoring game, but I like the Dodgers taking this one and winning the series two games to one.
Dodgers ML (-136)
As we all know, the Braves are an offense that has the ability to explode any given night and make you your money on the over bet just about whenever. Both of the first two games in this series have ended in a 5 run total, and with the Rockies sending a pitcher out to the mound that has sturggled this season, I'll take my chances on the over tonight being set at eight.
Braves/Rockies O8 Runs (-110)
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar5 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar2 months ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago