Top Bets In Sports For September 5, 2022: Puskar's Picks
Finally, NFL football will be back this week, as Monday officially makes it game week for all 32 teams across the league, starting with the Bills vs. Rams on Thursday night.
Sports betting is hitting full-stride, as the MLB season winds down and heads towards the postseason, NFL and NCAAF are getting started, as well as the NBA being right around the corner.
"Puskar's Picks" has been very solid as of late, hitting eight of the last 13 bets. Monday's picks stay in the MLB, so let's go cash some slips.
Monday afternoon starts a new series for the Yankees as they host the Twins, a team that has climbed back into a tie with the Guardians for first place in the AL Central.
The Yankees are a team that is due to string some wins together, something they seemingly have not been able to do since the all-star break. Jameson Taillion gets the start for the Yankees today, and he's going to take us home to start the day.
Bet No. 1: Yankees ML (-167)
The second pick of the day has me riding Blake Snell and the Padres in San Diego.
The Padres have lost their last two games to the Dodgers and they face a Diamondbacks team that won their last contest and is 8-2 in their last ten games.
The Diamondbacks, however, are starting a relief pitcher that will be making his first start of the season. Being that the game is in San Diego against Snell, I'll take my chances with the streaky Padres.
Bet No. 2: Padres ML (-228)
It hasn't been fun for the Guardians as of late, as they've lost five games in a row and have seemingly been cold for weeks.
While Shane Beiber is probably still considered by most fans the Guardians' "ace", Triston McKenzie is quietly having a very strong year for the team, making his case to be considered the teams best arm an interesting one.
McKenzie has lost his last two starts, and the Guardians desperately need a win to get rolling again. I understand the Royals have nothing to play for and can play loose, but McKenzie gets back on track tonight and helps his team get back into the win column.
Bet No. 3: Triston McKenzie Over 5.5 Strikeouts (-141)
My last pick of the day comes from a game where the line is currently even as the Red Sox travel to visit the Rays.
To the surpirse of many, the Red Sox are currenly one game below .500 and sit in dead-last place in the American League East. While they don't have a shot to make the playoffs, their opponent currently holds the second Wild Card spot in the AL as the season heads down the stretch.
The Red Sox are sending Michael Wacha out to the mound tonight, who is an incredble 10-1 on the season. The Rays will counter with Luis Patino who is just 1-1 this season with an ERA just under four.
I'll take the Red Sox today to close us out and tuck us in. Let's have ourselves a Monday.
Bet No. 4: Red Sox ML (-108)
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago