UFC 259 Betting Preview
Three Title Fights the Charm
Other fights on the card include the co-main event, which features Amanda Nunes looking to defend her featherweight title against Megan Anderson. In addition, a third title fight consists of Petr Yan, who is also looking to defend his bantamweight title against Aljamain Sterling.
This event is huge for a variety of reasons for the sport. Israel Adesanya is attempting to make history in becoming the latest fighter to become a two-division champion, which would arguably cement his case as being one of the best ever to do it. Jan Blachowicz has an opportunity to prove himself to any naysayers if he can successfully be the first one to defeat Adesanya.
Main Event Preview
Israel Adesanya has been a rising superstar for some time now. If he can successfully become a champ-champ, then he can easily be on the same level of popularity or the second popular star in the sport when compared to the likes of Conor McGregor.
The middleweight champion has a perfect 20-0 MMA record. He has performed well to attain that streak with phenomenal striking, but Blachowicz will definitely cause some problems for him.
When looking at the matchup, there is no question that Adesanya is the better technical striker and the faster fighter. However, Blachowicz has a lethal one-punch knockout power and has the strength of a bull to hold Adesanya against the cage or grind out a win in a few different ways.
This fight is fascinating for a few different reasons. Other than the move to a different weight class and how the two fighters stack on paper, they both are on different scales of respect.
Blachowicz, for some reason, does not get the respect he deserves. For example, he was a big underdog in his last title defense against Reyes but ultimately came out ahead with a TKO victory.
However, Adesanya is hard to go against for someone as good as he is with his striking ability. Adesanya could look tentative early to get a feel for Blachowicz and potentially tire him out.
Later on, you could see a more aggressive Adesanya that is looking to provide some damage. When looking at the championship rounds, this is where the fight takes an interesting point.
Look for both of them to try and find some big power shots to try and drop each other. Whichever way the fight goes, fans will be pleased with the results and to have a treat in three title fights on the night.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC Fight Night Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 year ago
- UFC Fight Night Thompson vs. Holland Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar2 months ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago