- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
UFC 272 Betting Preview: Masvidal vs. Covington Odds and Picks
After a handful of fights being moved around on the UFC schedule, fans finally get to see Colby Covington take on an old friend, Jorge Masvidal. The two have had their differences lately, and they get the opportunity to settle it within the octagon.
This welterweight showdown is not a title fight, nor will it include Conor McGregor or a Diaz brother. Still, the UFC has this fan-favorite battle of a top-ranked fighter in Covington taking on a sixth-ranked Masvidal.
Date: March 5, 2022
Venue: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV
Watch Main Card on PPV 10:00 PM
UFC Main Event Betting Preview
Since the two of these fighters are not competing for a title, it is what the fans have wanted. The two used to be great friends, and apparently, there has been a falling out.
Most likely, the two of them are still friends, and this battle is just a ruse of some sort. They used to be training partners, but Masvidal has more experience.
They are well respected in the division, but they each have different styles of fighting. This possibly could have been a good reason why they trained against one another early in their careers.
Covington is known to keep pressure on his opponents and be relentless on his takedowns. Even though he does not pose a huge threat by submission, he still makes a ton of attempts to get his opponents to the ground to tire them out.
This could also get Covington into trouble if he is too aggressive, as fans saw Masvidal end Ben Askren back in 2019 in just five seconds. Masvidal is getting up there in age, but his knockout power is still deadly.
Covington has all the tools in the world to control this fight and keep the pace where he needs it. But something tells us that he will not keep it steady and that he might be a bit reckless to end it early.
You might see Masvidal throw everything he has early on, even though it is not a great strategy. If he can land one of those quick knockout strikes, that would be ideal.
Odds for UFC 272
Covington is the favorite, no doubt at especially since he is the number one ranked fighter behind current champ Kamaru Usman. Below are the moneyline odds for this fight, courtesy of DraftKings:
Winner of UFC 272
Hate to broadcast it, but at 37, Masvidal might be better off sticking it to fighters above the sixth-ranked spot in the welterweight division. This fight will not define his career if he loses, but it is simply just a fan favorite battle and nothing more.
Covington has way more to lose here, so expect him to be in top form to end this. It might not be pretty, and he might spend a lot of time on the ground to end it by decision.
Covington wins, at -320
Be sure to follow betJACK on Twitter for all the latest in UF C betting odds, fight previews and much more!
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC Fight Night Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 months ago
- UFC Fight Night Thompson vs. Holland Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 months ago
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman4 months ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman5 months ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel5 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Browns: Elijah Moore Is What The Browns Have Been MissingMac Blank14 hours ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 23 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli2 days ago
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 21 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe2 weeks ago