- Call 1-800-522-4700
UFC 272: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Renato Moicano Betting Odds & Picks
Rafael Dos Anjos and Renato Moicano form the new co-main event for UFC 272 after several changes to the fight lineup. Moicano steps in at the last minute, hoping to finally get a chance to show the world that he is legit.
Dos Anjos is a former lightweight champion and has battled against some of the best fighters during his time with the UFC. Check out below to see how this dangerous matchup could play out.
Date: March 5, 2022
Venue: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV
Watch Main Card on PPV 10:00 PM
UFC Co-Main Event Betting Preview
It has been nearly seven years since Dos Anjos held the lightweight belt after a well-deserved career heading up to that. His record since that time has been 6-6, but this included a short stint in the welterweight division against title contenders.
Seeking some form of a winning streak in the last five years, Dos Anjos takes on a hungry fighter that accepted the fight on a five-day notice. Moicano was ecstatic to hear the call and hardly had any time to prepare.
Moicano just finished Alex Hernandez less than a month ago by submission, so he might still have the conditioning needed to perform. This will be a five-round battle, which is something that Moicano has not experienced like Dos Anjos.
Dos Anjos is solid on his feet and poses a threat to end it early. He lays out 3.49 significant strikes a minute while taking on 3.22. He also throws in 1.93 takedowns per 15 minutes.
As for Moicano, he looks a bit better on paper and more aggressive. He averages 5.18 significant strikes a minute and takes on 3.58. He also remains aggressive with 2.14 takedowns per 15 minutes.
Odds for UFC 272 Co-Main Event
Dos Anjos has moved to a slight favorite to win this fight at -167 after the change in fighters. Below are the moneyline odds for this fight.
Renato Moicano: +135
Rafael dos Anjos: -167
Winner of UFC 272 Co-Main Event
Dos Anjos is 37 and has battled against some of the best UFC fighters since 2008. He has also been the type of guy to fight anyone no matter what, which is another reason why he is a fan favorite.
Moicano needs to win this fight more than Dos Anjos to get into the conversation of fighting more quality, ranked opponents in the division. If he wins here or at least puts on a show, this could allow him to start a rising trend in his career.
The two should put on a solid striking and wrestling war. As hungry as Moicano is to prove himself, he could put Dos Anjos in a corner early.
The five rounds are going to be interesting to see if Moicano has the cardio to hold out that long, but he is ready for anything.
Renato Moicano wins the bout!
LIKE betJACK on FACEBOOK today for all the latest on the UFC, from UFC Fight Night to BIG TIME UFC events, we got you covered!
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 weeks ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 month ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- UFC 280 Oliveira vs. Makhachev October 22 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- UFC Fight Night Grasso vs. Araujo Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Bad Third Quarter Ruins Upset, Snaps Win StreakDrew Thirion12 hours ago
- New York Islanders vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 25 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Milwaukee Bucks November 25 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 days ago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns November 27 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman4 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football Week 13Ryan Knuppel2 days ago