- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
UFC 273 Betting Preview & Predictions: The Korean Zombie vs. Alexander Volkanovski
UFC 273 has a stacked card that should not disappoint this weekend. Both the co-main and main event are championship battles, potentially crowning a new titleholder.
In the main event, Chan Sung Jung (Korean Zombie) steps in for injured Max Holloway to face current featherweight champ Alexander “The Great” Volkanovski. Check out below to see if the Korean Zombie has a chance.
Date: Sat, Apr 9, 10:00 PM
Location: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, FL
Watch on PPV
Main Event Matchup
Korean Zombie (17-6-0)
The Korean Zombie returns to action after a unanimous decision victory against Dan Ige back in June of last year. This improved his record to 4-2 since coming back from the military in 2017. Previously, he took four years off to attend his duties in the Korean military.
Looking at what he has accomplished, he has put together six wins by knockout, eight by submission, and three by decision. Since returning in 2017, three of his victories have been early knockout stoppages.
He strikes with an accuracy of 43 percent and has a takedown accuracy of 47 percent. He delivers 4.07 and takes on 3.87.
Korean Zombie defends against takedowns at 77 percent and defends against significant strikes at 55 percent. He also happens to throw in 0.82 takedowns and 0.70 submissions every 15 minutes of fight time.
Alexander Volkanovski (23-1-0)
Volkanovski has won 20 straight battles since his only loss in 2013. His most recent performance was a unanimous decision against Brian Ortega back in September of last year.
Looking at what he has accomplished, he has 11 wins by knockout, three by submission, and nine by decision. His ability to create pressure without forcing knockouts is key to victory.
He strikes with an accuracy of 56 percent and has a takedown accuracy of 34 percent. He delivers 6.42 significant strikes a minute while taking on 3.34.
Volkanovski defends against takedowns at 70 percent and defends against significant strikes at 60 percent. He also manages to throw in 1.77 takedowns and 0.30 submissions every 15 minutes of fight time.
Odds for Korean Zombie and Volkanovski
The betting market believes that Jung has little to no chance at all to defeat the current champ. For the moneyline, the average odds so far have been around:
Korean Zombie: +500
*odds could change at any time
The Korean Zombie has a legit one-hit punch to knock out his opponents. This has arguably been one of the key reasons his career has been successful.
As for Volkanovski, he is a legend for the featherweight division and has endured just about everything thrown at him. His chances to succeed are very high, especially since Jung took the fight on short notice.
Volkanovski will likely use the first round to see where Jung is at. Then, expect him to turn the pressure on in the next few rounds and potentially end it early by knockout.
Don't forget to sign up or log into betJACK Training Camp today to receive 100 FREE Tokens to use on UFC 273!
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC Fight Night Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- UFC Fight Night Thompson vs. Holland Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 months ago
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 months ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 months ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli4 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb4 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank5 days ago