UFC 277 Betting Preview: Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France Betting Odds & Picks
UFC 277 is coming back to Dallas, Texas on July 30.
In the co-main slot for the main card, there is an interim flyweight title fight between former champ Brandon Moreno (19-6-2) and Kai Kara-France (24-9). This is actually a rematch between the two with their first fight being in 2019. Moreno was victorious in that bout, but both fighters are on a different level going into this Saturday.
Betting Odds For UFC 277
Brandon Moreno is currently the -220 favorite in this rematch bout for the UFC interim belt. Kai Kara-France is no stranger to being the underdog, where he is sitting at +185 for this one.
Kara-France and Moreno have both made a career of proving people wrong and fighting through adversity to get to the top of the UFC. This is what makes this fight so awesome and both fighters deserve it. Both men come from a humbling upbringing and have used their cultures and the pride of their homes to carry them into this position of fighting for a title.
Prop bets have Moreno at +215 to finish the fight and Kara-France at +425 to do the same. Always an exciting prop pick to make when you want to root for a finish in a big fight like this. Both fighters have the ability to finish a fight. Kara-France has developed impressive punching power for a flyweight, and Moreno can put it on you but also he has big submission victories over tough opponents.
In the first matchup between these two, Moreno was actually the underdog at +144. Leading up to this fight week, Moreno has trended into a bigger favorite from the opening lines being at -160 in favor of him.
UFC 277 Betting Picks
While breaking down this matchup, it is easy to see one thing both fighters do not lack is ‘heart.’ They both have the fighting spirit and both have shown it in the octagon. Moreno has bursted out into a star with three great performances against a dominant champion in Deiveson Figueiredo.
Kai Kara-France will have the advantage in his corner. His team of City Kickboxing is now considered a top MMA gym and have two great champions in Volkanovski and Adesanya already. They are known for putting together great plans to break down their opponent inside the octagon. Eugene Bareman will have a great plan for Kara-France to follow, especially after being able to see Moreno fight in three straight massive title fights in this division.
Brandon Moreno will look like the slightly bigger fighter in there on Saturday, I believe, and will look to fight behind his jab and probably mix in his wrestling. Kara-France will look for big over hands and try to counter Moreno when he closes distance.
I believe this fight will be a war that has a very high chance to go 25 minutes. Kara-France hasn’t had that experience yet and Moreno has multiple times, including a fight of the year contender he took on short notice.
Be prepared for an epic championship fight between two guys that will not want to go away for 25 minutes.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC Fight Night Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 year ago
- UFC Fight Night Thompson vs. Holland Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank1 month ago