UFC Fight Night Preview: Hermansson vs. Strickland
Both fighters are aiming to move up in the rankings and have what it takes to impress. Below you will see how this might play out.
Date: February 5, 2022
Location: UFC APEX, Las Vegas, NV
Main Card on ESPN+ at 7:00 PM
Main Event Breakdown
Jack Hermanson (22-6-0) enters this fight with a recent decision victory over Edmen Shahbazyan back in May of last year. This got him back on track after losing to Marcin Vettori in the previous battle.
“The Joker” is best known for his ability to keep opponents on the ground. Even against Vettori, who is a master at takedowns, he was able to hold his own in that regard despite the loss.
He strikes with accuracy at 45 percent and lands takedowns about 36 percent of the time. He averages 4.86 significant strikes each minute and takes on 3.36. This is a solid ratio for someone that does not typically knock opponents out.
Hermanson defends against takedowns at 75 percent and has a significant strike defense at 54 percent. He also averages 2.09 takedowns and 0.60 submissions every 15 minutes.
Sean Strickland (24-3-0) comes into this fight with a five-fight winning streak dating back to 2018. However, 2018 was when he suffered a dangerous motorcycle wreck and almost ended his career. He has looked great since his return in 2020.
Strickland’s last victory was against Uriah Hall, which was arguably one of his best fights. In that battle, he put up 186 significant strikes and four takedowns with the decision victory.
He strikes with accuracy at 40 percent and lands takedowns about 61 percent. He delivers 5.45 significant strikes each minute and takes on 3.73. This is a great margin of safety between the two averages.
Strickland has a takedown defense at 82 percent and a significant strike defense at 65 percent. He also averages 1.32 takedowns and 0.30 submissions every 15 minutes.
Potential Outcome of Main Event
Strickland looks like a new man since entering the middleweight division. With four straight wins under his belt since 2020, he will be hard to pick against here.
With his improved striking skills, excellent conditioning, and the ability to keep pressure on his opponents, he will be a force in this one. Not to mention he has a respectable takedown defense that should help against an aggressive Hermanson.
Hermanson is another fighter that you do not want to face in the middleweight division. If you are a top contender and having a bad day at defending then he will make sure you submit quickly.
If Hermanson is able to land takedowns early and take control of the pace then he has a good shot to win. However, Strickland will look to remain active and land a ton of strikes.
Be sure to follow betJACK on all of our social media @betJACK for the latest in sports betting pick, interviews and so much more!
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC Fight Night Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 year ago
- UFC Fight Night Thompson vs. Holland Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago