- Call 1-800-522-4700
Wild Card Chase: Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins August 27 Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Reds will be traveling to LoanDepot Park in Miami to face the Miami Marlins on Friday for a 7:10 PM EST first pitch. The Reds (70-59) will be coming into this game after being swept by the Brewers in Milwaukee. The Marlins (53-75) were able to win two out of their three games against the struggling Washington Nationals.
The Reds are 6-4 in their last 10 and still hold a two game lead on the Padres in the wildcard race. They are 8.5 games back of the Brewers in the divisional standings. The Marlins are 2-8 in their last 10 as their playoff hopes are nearing impossible.
The Reds are the favorite to win at -149 compared to Miami with a +120. The runline is set at -1.5 (+119) for the Reds and +1.5 (-164) for the Marlins. The over/under for the game is 8.
Wade Miley will start on the mound for the Reds. The left-hander has had a solid season thus far with a 10-4 record. His ERA is 2.88 with 107 strikeouts.
Zach Thompson will be the starter for the Marlins. He has pitched less than half the innings that Miley has pitched this season with a 2-5 record. His ERA is a respectable 2.97 with 51 strikeouts.
The Reds swept the Marlins in their one and only series a weekend before as they took all four games.
Recent Injury Updates
For the Reds, Tejay Antone underwent Tommy John surgery which will sideline him for all of 2021 and most of 2022. David Bell, the Reds’ Manager, said that Jesse Winker is still a couple of weeks away from returning from his injury.
Not much injury news is coming out of the Marlins team besides SP Trevor Rodgers beginning his rehab assignment in Single-A.
The Marlins are close to being officially ruled out of the playoffs. This is a great time for the Reds to go for a sweep on a team that is not playing for much. The Reds dropping the series to the Brewers did not help their divisional chances. They will look to continue to keep their Wild Card spot and limit the hopes of the Padres and Cardinals, who are, now, close on their tail.
Keys to a Reds Win
The Reds will need to do much better on both sides of the baseball if they want to stay in the playoffs. Although the Marlins are much less talented than Milwaukee, the Reds looked overpowered the whole series against the Brewers.
Their bullpen will need to boost their confidence in this upcoming series as they let up 9 of the 12 runs against the Brewers. The hitting will be producing runs in this series. The pitching will be the question mark that will need to be solved if the Reds want to be a serious threat in the postseason.
⚾Put your Cincinnati Reds picks to the test with the betJACK Pick 'Em Sweepstakes! Lock in your picks for free for your chance at a $50 Visa Gift Card. Click here to enter and win! ⚾
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. No. 25 Ohio State Buckeyes December 8 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom19 hours ago
- Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals December 11 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 day ago
- Las Vegas Raiders vs. Los Angeles Rams Thursday Night Football Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 day ago
- The Quick Rise And Disastrous Fall Of Baker MayfieldGrant Puskar1 day ago
- Current NHL Standings & Updated OddsTyler Vaysman3 days ago