- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Rangers at Reds Preview
Rangers at Reds Schedule
First Pitch: 9:05 PM EST
Location: Goodyear Ballpark, Goodyear, AZ
How To Watch: MLB.Com
Hyeon-jong Yang To Get Final Start Before Regular Season
Hyeon-jong Yang will get a chance to show the Rangers coaches and front office that he deserves a spot in the Opening Day rotation out of camp.
Texas signed the 33-year-old left-handed pitcher out of Korea this winter with the hope he could eventually make an impact on the big league roster later this season.
He has appeared in three games this Spring and has looked really good. He has thrown six innings while striking out eight batters and walking none. He has only given up two earned runs.
This performance has definitely vaulted him to the Rangers bullpen to start the season at the very least. However, with a strong performance against the Reds, he could get a chance to start in the very near future.
Santillan Toes Rubber for Reds
Tony Santillan is likely headed to the Reds bullpen to start the season, but it's a role he has definitely earned. He has appeared in five games amassing seven innings pitched, and struck out a whopping 11 batters during those outings. He has tossed three straight scoreless outings and has a chance to finish off a nice camp against the Rangers' potent offense.
Control has been a little bit of an issue for Santillan of late as he has walked five batters in his last two appearances, but none of those have come around to score.
That is a bit unsustainable, so he will need to limit walks against the Rangers today to have the success he needs to keep the Reds in the ballgame.
Rangers at Reds Vegas Odds and Lines
Betting Line: Cincinnati Reds -135
Rangers Offense Likely Too Much For Reds
Let's face it. The Reds have been bad this Spring. Their starting pitching has left a lot to be desired, and their offense has sputtered at times.
This Texas Rangers offense is not one to take lightly. With powerful hitters like Rougnad Odar and Joey Gallo, they can put up runs in a hurry.
Yang has pitched well in limited action, and with him being a lefty, he could carve through this Reds lineup if given the opportunity.
This will likely be a decent game while the starters are in, but when the Reds go to the bullpen, the Rangers will likely take advantage.
In what is a final tuneup for these pitchers and could be for some relievers, they will be looking to leave their best stuff out there to make an impact with Opening Day roster decisions.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Early MLB Most Valuable Player CandidatesRyan Knuppel2 months ago
- 3 Keys To Another Cleveland Guardians Division TitleBarry Devoe2 months ago
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman3 months ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 23 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 day ago
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 21 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe2 weeks ago
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago