2023 March Madness Betting Preview
All 68 teams will have dreams of winning the national title, but there are a small group of teams that have separated themselves from the pack.
Here, we look at the major stories to look into before betting on this year’s NCAA Tournament and what the pre-tournament odds are.
Kansas, Alabama, Purdue, and Houston the top-four teams going into March Madness.
Possible Cinderella Teams
Every year, there are teams that make Cinderella runs into the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament. There are a couple of prime candidates to do that again during this year’s edition of the event.
One such candidate is Oral Roberts, who are no strangers to being a Cinderella team after making it to the Sweet 16 just a couple of tournaments ago before losing to the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Charleston is another candidate to turn some heads from a lower seed line in the NCAA Tournament after losing just three games in the regular season.
Iona is also worth considering when betting on teams to pull off upsets in this tournament, as they are coached by an all-time great in Rick Pitino.
2023 NCAA Tournament Odds
Going into the NCAA Tournament, Houston is the favorite to win the championship when all is said and done. They are joined by Kansas, Purdue, UCLA, and Texas in the list of the top-five favorites to cut down the nets after the Final Four. But there are several teams just below those five squads that could also win the national title at more favorable prices.
Arizona, UConn, and Gonzaga are all just below that top-five threshold in the NCAA Tournament outright markets. All three are interesting, thanks to the size that they possess, which could give them an advantage over every team outside of the Purdue team that is led by the massive Zach Edey.
But picking teams with longer odds than that could be a tough sell, as the NCAA Tournament has been dominated by one-seeds in recent seasons, with one-seeds winning each of the last five tournaments.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago