Australian Open Odds
The Australian Open is the first of the four Grand Slam championships of the men’s tennis season. It is played at the height of the summer in the Southern Hemisphere city of Melbourne in Australia.
The playing surface is hard courts outdoors, affecting the Australian Open odds for the outright winner and match betting. Rafael Nadal should be on offer at about +250 in early next Australian Open odds.
Australian Open Draw and Seedings
There are 128 players in the main draw, including qualifiers and wildcards. There are 32 seeds in a knockout format. If the tournament goes to form, the number 1 seed meets the number 2 seed in the final. Sportsbooks offer odds on named finalists or each way betting at half the win odds for two places, which is, in effect, the winner and losing finalist.
In 2022, Nadal beat Daniil Medvedev in the final, and pending the draw and seeds, the odds for a repeat could be about +800. Matches are played over the best of five sets, so the first player to win three sets wins the match. At 6-6 in any set, there is a tie break to win seven points with an advantage of two points. You can take Australian Open odds on there being a tie-break or not.
Tournament Australian Open Odds
Sportsbooks issue odds in futures betting for the Australian Open. The odds could have more value than the same Australian Open odds during the tournament. However, the trade-off is that there is ‘action’ even if the backed player does not qualify or withdraws before the championship.
Bettors can wager win or each-way on the winner of the Australian Open. The odds are adjusted during the tournament to take into account the outcomes and the players that have been eliminated. Due to the nature of the conditions, players suited to hard courts with the fitness and stamina to play long matches in the heat are prominent in the winning Australia Open odds.
Mark Edmondson (1976) was the last Australian to win the Australian Open. Nick Krygios could be about +900 to win his national championship in tennis.
Match Australian Open Odds
There are 127 men’s singles matches during the tournament, and the following options are available in match Australian Open odds:
- Match winner
- Correct set score betting
- Set handicaps
- Set totals
- Number of breaks
- Will there be a tie-break?
- Race to 10 points in each set
Australian Open Live Betting
Most sportsbooks will offer live betting on the Australian Open. There could be live streaming, but in its absence, live bettors have access to a visual display of the progress of play and live match data. The cash-out options allow bettors to close a bet before expiry, guaranteeing a win or limiting any loss.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Australian Open OddsbetJACK Training Camp9 months ago
- French Open Tennis OddsbetJACK Training Camp9 months ago
- Wimbledon Tennis OddsbetJACK Training Camp9 months ago
- US OpenbetJACK Training Camp9 months ago
- Tennis Lines and SpreadsbetJACK Training Camp9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar2 days ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank1 month ago