- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Major Sports Teams in Columbus, Ohio
Columbus is only home to two major league sports teams:
Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL)
Columbus Crew (MLS)
While the Blue Jackets don’t have any Stanley Cups to their name, they regularly attract vociferous support at the Nationwide Arena and put on a great show on the ice for their fans. The Blue Jackets are affiliated with the Cleveland Monsters, who participate in the AHL.
Columbus Crew have enjoyed relative success since joining the MLS in 1996 and have six major trophies. They won the MLS Cup in 2008 and most recently in 2020, highlighting the fact that the Crew are widely regarded at the pinnacle of US soccer. But what about the minor league and collegiate soccer teams in Columbus?
Columbus Betting on Other Teams
Although there are only two major league teams in Columbus, the city is home to several minor league teams and affiliates.
The Columbus Clippers, for instance, are a minor league baseball team playing in the International League. They are the Triple-A affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians and play their home games at Huntington Park in the city.
In addition to the Crew, the Columbus Eagles play in the Women’s Premier Soccer League and have a decent fanbase in Ohio. Many once-professional sports teams in Columbus are now defunct, with the likes of the Columbus Destroyers (AFL) and Columbus Chill (ECHL) no longer competing in the city.
College Sports Teams in Columbus
While Columbus isn’t as renowned as Cincinnati or Cleveland in college sports, the Ohio Dominican Panthers compete in NCAA Division II and are members of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. They currently have fourteen varsity teams competing in the conference, with the Panthers excelling in several sports.
The fact that you can bet on collegiate sports in Columbus means that you can extend your betting slip and don’t need to focus on professional teams alone. The Ohio State Buckeyes also have a decent following in Columbus as the most popular collegiate team in the state.
Recap: Columbus betting options
While Columbus is often overlooked in terms of sporting prowess in Ohio, the reality is that the city is home to a number of high-profile sports teams. The Crew and the Blue Jackets are the major league competitors in Columbus, while you can also back the Clippers in baseball’s International League.
As for collegiate sports, Columbus is home to the Ohio Dominican Panthers, and you can also show your support for the ever-popular Ohio Sports Buckeyes, who have a decent following in the city.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Washington Capitals vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 31 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 week ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 weeks ago
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 19 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 weeks ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Nashville Predators January 17 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 weeks ago
- New York Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 16 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Tulane Green Wave February 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 day ago
- Bowling Green Falcons vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 7 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli2 days ago
- Pass Rush Is Needed To Compete For Super BowlMac Blank16 hours ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards February 6 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli2 days ago
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Akron Zips February 3 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe5 days ago