Anaheim Ducks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 19 Betting Preview
The Anaheim Ducks (12-28-5) meet the Columbus Blue Jackets (13-29-2) in one of 13 NHL games on a busy Thursday night. Both teams are in last place in their respective divisions and, at this point, are thinking more about the first overall pick in the 2023 NHL Draft than making the playoffs. The Ducks are just one point ahead of the Blue Jackets.
John Gibson is the projected starting goaltender for the Ducks. He has a 7-19-4 record to go along with a 4.14 goals-against average (GAA) and .895 save percentage. Joonas Korpisalo is likely to start for the Blue Jackets. He has been out for the last week due to personal reasons and is 6-8-1 with a 3.28 GAA and .908 save percentage.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Preview
The Ducks have played especially terrible as of late, which is probably a good thing for fans of the team. Anaheim is 3-6-1 in its last 10 games and have lost each of their last five. The Ducks have been outscored 28-10 in those five games, allowing at least four goals in each game. They're coming off of a 5-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.
Not surprisingly, Anaheim has allowed the most goals in the league at an average of 4.18 per game. They also have the league's worst offense, generating just 2.27 goals per game. Anaheim is among the top five worst teams in the league in nearly all statistical categories.
If there's one bright spot for the Ducks it's the play of its young core forwards. Troy Terry (36), Trevor Zegras (35), and Mason McTavish (27) lead the team in scoring. Terry is 25 years old, while Zegras and McTavish are just 21 and 19 years old.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
Columbus is practically on par with the Ducks in every statistical category, although their penalty kill success rate is at least better than 10 teams in the league. Columbus is also a somewhat competent team at home. They've won just three games on the road this season, but are 10-14-1 at home.
Columbus has lost two games in a row, but have at least seemed to tighten things up defensively. They allowed just five goals in those two games. Daniil Tarasov stopped 26 of 28 shots in the team's 2-1 loss to the Nashville Predators on Tuesday.
Johnny Gaudreau continues to be the lone bright spot offensively for the Blue Jackets with a team-leading 41 points. Jack Roslovic, second on the team in scoring, has four points in his last three games.
Ducks vs. Blue Jackets Odds and Prediction
It hasn't happened often this year, but the Blue Jackets are moneyline favorites at -143. Anaheim is paying out +129 on the moneyline. The over/under for the game is 6.5, with the over and under paying out -102 and -105, respectively.
The Blue Jackets should win tonight, but the better value bet is over 6.5 (-102). The number would have hit in each of the last six Ducks games.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson10 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman2 months ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar2 months ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago