Carolina Hurricanes vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 12 Betting Preview
The Carolina Hurricanes (25-9-7) and Columbus Blue Jackets (12-26-2) meet for the second time in less than a week on Thursday night at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. The Blue Jackets upset the Hurricanes 4-3 in a shootout on Saturday, despite being outshot 42-18. Carolina is 6-3-1 in its last 10 games, but have lost four games in a row, including a 5-3 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday.
There's a good chance Frederik Andersen starts tonight for the Hurricanes. The former Toronto Maple Leafs goaltender hasn't played since November 6. He's 5-3-0 with a 2.72 goals-against average (GAA) and .891 save percentage this season. Joonas Korpisalo is likely to start for the Blue Jackets. He has a 6-7-1 record to go along with a 3.10 GAA and .913 save percentage.
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Preview
The Hurricanes were the hottest team in the league prior to their four-game losing streak. They consistently found ways to win, but lately, they haven't had good goaltending. The Hurricanes have allowed 18 goals in their last four games and are now eighth in the league in goals allowed at 2.73 per game.
Carolina is one of the league's best road teams, with a record of 13-4-6, but, as they found out Saturday, the Blue Jackets, despite their poor play overall this season, play much better on home ice.
Martin Necas surprisingly leads Carolina with 39 points in 41 games, while Andrei Svechnikov and Sebastian Aho are second and third with 34 and 33 points, respectively.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
Columbus' win over Carolina on Saturday is arguably the highlight of the team's 2022-23 season. The Blue Jackets have since lost their last two games and are 2-8 in their last 10 games. They're just two points up on the Chicago Blackhawks for last place in the NHL standings and, at this point, would be best served losing every game in hopes of landing generational talent Connor Bedard in the 2023 NHL Draft.
Columbus can't score or defend. They rank 30th in goals per game at 2.55 and are tied for 30th in goals allowed at 3.93 per game. Interestingly, the Blue Jackets have been much better with Korpisalo between the pipes. They're 6-19-1 when he doesn't start.
Hurricanes vs. Blue Jackets Betting Odds and Prediction
The Blue Jackets haven't been favored often, if at all, this season. That's no different tonight, even with the Hurricanes on a four-game losing streak. Carolina is favored on the moneyline at (-313), while the Blue Jackets are paying out (+245). The over/under is 6.5.
Carolina should get a boost with Andersen potentially making his return, and, let's be honest; it's incredibly unlikely the Blue Jackets beat the Hurricanes twice in one week. This one should be a blowout. Take the Hurricanes -1.5 puckline at -125 for added value.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson9 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago