Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Arizona Coyotes February 19 Betting Preview
On Sunday night, the Columbus Blue Jackets will take on the Arizona Coyotes in a game between two teams that have struggled this season. However, they have both been playing well of late, with both sides showing some heart during the second half of the regular season. While these teams are out of the mix for the postseason, they can keep building positive things toward next season with wins in games like this one.
Columbus Blue Jackets
The Columbus Blue Jackets have won two games in a row, both against teams that are going to end up in the postseason this year.
They have beaten the Winnipeg Jets and Dallas Stars in their last two outings, getting to 40 points on the season with those two victories. Here, they will look to win for a second time in as many days as they take on the Coyotes at the arena of the Arizona State hockey program.
For the second straight game, Joonas Korpisalo came up big in goal for the Jackets against the Stars. He saved all but one of the shots that he faced for the second straight time, as he has allowed just two goals in his last two contests in goal. Whether he plays on the second night of a back-to-back could have a huge impact on whether the Jackets win this game based on the level he has played at lately.
The Arizona Coyotes are also on the second night of a back-to-back in this game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. They played in Los Angeles against the Kings on Saturday night, in a high-scoring game where both teams hit the five-goal mark. Here, the Coyotes will need to be better on the defensive end of the ice if they are going to have any chance to win when playing for the second time in as many nights.
Arizona’s last two games were a real Jekyll and Hyde story, as they followed up a 1-0 shootout win over the Tampa Bay Lightning with a game that went over the 10-goal mark. That lack of consistency has been a part of the Coyotes’ season all the way through.
But there is certainly a chance for the Coyotes to pick up a win at home here against a Blue Jackets team playing on the road for the second straight night.
Keys To The Game
The top key to this game for the Blue Jackets will be sustaining the defensive effort that they have shown over the last couple of games. Defending effectively will lead to the scoring that they have seen during their two-game winning streak this past week.
On a back-to-back, defense is also the facet of a team’s game most likely to suffer a lapse, and they must prevent that from happening.
On the Phoenix side, the top key to this contest will be continuing to take advantage of being on home ice. Despite their dismal results this season, the Coyotes are 12-8-2 at home on the year. Despite the fatigue associated with a rough scheduling spot for this game, the Coyotes could get a second wind at home.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar4 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson5 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe7 months ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom7 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar4 days ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank3 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank1 month ago