- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Columbus Blue Jackets at Dallas Stars Preview
Columbus was able to snap a rough five-game losing streak with a win on Tuesday night, and perhaps that is a sign of good things to come. The Blue Jackets have managed just 23 points on the season, which has them in 5th place in the Central Division.
The Dallas Stars are currently in last place in the Central Division with just 16 points, but they have had a number of games canceled. Dallas has just one win in their last 10 games, and it has been a rough go over the last month.
Blue Jackets Can Get Better
The Columbus Blue Jackets have not played their best hockey over the last two weeks, but they still have time to turn things around. Columbus is scoring 2.71 goals per game, but they are allowing nearly 3.2 goals to their opposition.
Cam Atkinson and Seth Jones have been the two best players on the ice for the Blue Jackets this season, and the veterans will lead the charge in turning things around. Atkinson leads the way with 10 goals and 19 points, while Jones has tallied 12 assists.
The biggest problem for the Blue Jackets has been in the net, and they could use an upgrade at the goaltending position. Joonas Korpisalo is the primary goaltender for the team, but he needs to improve upon his 89 percent save percentage.
Dallas Dealing With Adversity
It’s hard to put into words how rough things have gone for the Dallas Stars, but even getting on the ice has been an issue. Few teams have been hit harder by COVID-19, and it has kept this veteran team from building any real momentum.
Joe Pavelski has been the best player for the Stars this season, leading the way with 10 goals and 20 assists. Dallas is averaging just 2.56 goals per game, despite having some very talented forwards on the roster.
The Stars remain a tough team to score on, allowing just 2.5 goals per game. Don’t expect this team to be in the cellar for long.
A Playoff Push Coming?
Things have not gone well for the Blue Jackets so far this season, but there is still plenty of time to turn things around. There aren’t many easy games in the Central Division, but the Blue Jackets are catching the Dallas Stars at the right time.
Columbus will have to find a way to keep pucks out of their own net, but the offense should find a way to score some goals in this game. The Blue Jackets have some momentum after winning on Tuesday night, and that should allow them to get off to a good start.
Dallas is a terrific team when they are playing well, but this could be a great shot for the Blue Jackets to pick up their second straight victory.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 weeks ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 weeks ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres February 28 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 weeks ago
- Minnesota Wild vs. Columbus Blue Jackets February 23 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Arizona Coyotes February 19 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 23 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 day ago
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 21 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe2 weeks ago
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago