- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Boston Bruins December 17 Betting Preview
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets left Florida after losing both games, including a 4-1 loss in their last matchup against the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Blue Jackets have a 10-17-2 record and have lost three of their last five matchups. Four of Columbus' previous five games have ended with at least a 1.5-goal spread.
The under is 5-0 in Columbus' last five games against teams with winning records, while the under is 4-0 in CBJ's last four road games. The Blue Jackets are 0-5 against the Atlantic division in the previous five games. The Blue Jackets have been the underdog and have gone 0-4 against the Bruins in the last four games between these two teams.
The Blue Jackets are struggling to score, which should continue against the Bruins. The Blue Jackets average 2.62 goals per game on 29.2 shots while giving up 4.03 goals on 35.3 shots per game.
With Daniil Tarasov (2-4-1, 3.14 GAA) starting the previous game, we expect Elvis Merzlikins (4-8-0, 4.68 GAA) to get the difficult task of stopping the Boston Bruins.
🏒 Sports betting in Ohio is right aroud the corner. Visit betJACK Training Camp today to get started before real-money betting goes live on January 1! 🏒
Boston Bruins Betting Preview
The Boston Bruins are the best team in hockey and have a 23-4-2 record. The Bruins have won three of the previous five games, with three games ending in a one-goal spread and with three games hitting the under. The Bruins are 7-0 in the last seven games against Metropolitan Division competition.
Boston averages 3.8 goals per game on 35.0 shots, ranking the Bruins second in the NHL. The Bruins are ranked first in goals against, averaging 2.1 goals on 28.7 shots per game.
Regardless of which goalie Boston chooses to start on Saturday, the Bruins have an excellent option. Linus Ullmark (17-1-1, 1.83 GAA) has played the last three games, so we expect CBJ to face Jeremy Swayman (5-3-1, 2.80 GAA).
Blue Jackets vs. Bruins Odds And Betting Prediction
As mentioned, the Columbus Blue Jackets are listed at (+310) on the moneyline, while the Boston Bruins are heavy favorites at (-400).
The Blue Jackets are listed at +1.5 on the puck line spread with (+110) odds. The Bruins are listed at -1.5 with (-132) odds. Boston has a 20-9 record against the spread, while Columbus is 13-16 against the spread.
We've only wanted CBJ to play competitive, exciting hockey, even if they will lose in the end. The Boston Bruins are the biggest challenge the Blue Jackets can face. And judging by the Bruins' season so far, it doesn't look like the Blue Jackets will have much success.
Boston is such a heavy favorite on the moneyline that you have to parlay the Bruins on the moneyline with other betting picks to get any value.
Our first pick is to take the under -- Boston is excellent at keeping the puck out of the net, and Columbus has struggled to score, especially recently.
Our second pick is to take the Bruins to cover the spread of -1.5. The Blue Jackets could shock the hockey world on Saturday, but it is more likely the Bruins will continue their season-long trend of keeping the puck out of the net and covering a 1.5-goal spread.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres February 28 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Minnesota Wild vs. Columbus Blue Jackets February 23 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Arizona Coyotes February 19 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- 2023 American League Central Betting GuideDrew Thirion3 hours ago
- Cleveland Guardians 2023 Season Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom4 days ago
- Cleveland Browns: Elijah Moore Is What The Browns Have Been MissingMac Blank4 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 23 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 week ago
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 week ago