- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres February 28 Betting Preview
On Tuesday night, the Columbus Blue Jackets will pay a visit to the Buffalo Sabres in NHL action. This game carries huge significance for the Sabres, who are fighting for their playoff lives in the Wild Card race.
However, the Blue Jackets will be looking to continue their recent run of playing with tremendous heart, in an attempt to try and help spoil the playoff hopes of their Eastern Conference foes.
Columbus Blue Jackets
The Columbus Blue Jackets suffered a 3-2 overtime loss to the Minnesota Wild in their last outing. As a result, the Blue Jackets are stuck on 44 points, three points behind the Anaheim Ducks and Chicago Blackhawks for the lowest point total in the NHL. Here, the Jackets will try and move closer to the rest of the league with a win over the Buffalo Sabres from Western New York.
Lately, it has been the offense of the Blue Jackets that has been letting them down, even when their defense has come to play. Columbus has lost three of its last four games, and has scored two or fewer goals in all three of those losses. They will need to find a way to put the puck into the net more often if they want to avoid a loss here and deal the Sabres a crucial blow in the East playoff chase.
Visit betJACK today and receive a $100 bonus bet on your first deposit of $50!
The Buffalo Sabres enter Tuesday night on a three-game winning streak, with their most recent triumph coming against the Washington Capitals. They scored seven goals in that game, which brought the Sabres within one point of the final Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference. Now, the Sabres have a golden opportunity to beat the league’s worst team from a points perspective, to try and get into one of the East’s playoff positions.
Buffalo has been on fire with its attacking over their last few games. The Sabres have scored 16 goals in their last three games, hitting the six-goal mark in two of those contests. If they can continue to destroy opposing defenses in this game, the Sabres could cruise to a win that they desperately need as the stretch run of the regular season continues to draw closer.
Keys To The Game
For the Blue Jackets, the top key to this game will be slowing down the offense of the Sabres, which has been on fire of late.
While the Blue Jackets have struggled to score in recent games, it will not matter how many goals they score if they allow the Sabres to maintain their recent offensive form.
Meanwhile, the Sabres’ top key to this game is going to be getting off to a fast start against the struggling Jackets. If Buffalo lets this game stay close for too long, the Blue Jackets could gain some confidence and steal an upset win down the stretch. Buffalo needs to eliminate any hope for the Blue Jackets early on, to help them take the pressure off right away in route to a comfortable home victory.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres February 28 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Minnesota Wild vs. Columbus Blue Jackets February 23 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Arizona Coyotes February 19 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Cleveland Guardians vs. Seattle Mariners Opening Day Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Cleveland Browns: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo will be best compliment Myles Garret has seenMac Blank2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Atlanta Hawks March 28 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- 2023 American League Central Betting GuideDrew Thirion3 days ago