Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Tampa Bay Lightning January 10 Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets (12-25-2) look to continue their improved play with starting goaltender Jonas Korpisalo back in the fold on Tuesday night as they travel to Tampa, Florida, to play the Tampa Bay Lightning (24-13-1).
Korpisalo is 6-7-1 this season with a 3.10 goals-against average and .913 save percentage. Columbus is 6-18-1 in games in which Korpisalo doesn't start.
Tampa Bay has lost two games in a row and is losing ground in the ever-competitive Atlantic Division. They're now eight points back of the Toronto Maple Leafs for second place and just three points up on the Pittsburgh Penguins for the last wild-card playoff spot.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
It hasn't been an easy or enjoyable season for the Blue Jackets players and fans alike. Columbus entered the season with fresh optimism after signing coveted free agent Johnny Gaudreau to play alongside sniper Patrik Laine.
Gaudreau has played well; he leads the team in scoring with 38 points in 39 games, but Laine has been limited to just 24 games and has only 16 points. Even worse, the Blue Jackets are in 31st place in the NHL standings, just two points up on the last-place Chicago Blackhawks.
Columbus is 2-8 in its last 10 games. They played arguably their best game of the season on Sunday against the Washington Capitals, but lost 1-0. Columbus outshot Washington 38-20. The night before, Columbus beat Carolina 4-3 in a shootout despite being outshot 42-18.
The Blue Jackets' next five games after Tampa are against the Hurricanes, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, and Nashville Predators. This stretch could further solidify them as a top contender to win the NHL Draft lottery and land generational talent Connor Bedard.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview
The Lightning haven't been as consistent this season as they have in years past, but they're still a dangerous team that has little trouble scoring. Tampa Bay ranks sixth in the league in goals per game at 3.47 and has the league's sixth-best power play.
Nikita Kucherov leads the team in scoring with 55 points, while Steven Stamkos and Brayden Point have 43 and 39 points, respectively. Victor Hedman has had somewhat of a down year, as he has just one goal and 24 assists.
Tampa Bay had won four games in a row before dropping consecutive games to the Minnesota Wild and Winnipeg Jets.
They were outscored 9-3 in those games and will be looking to get their offense clicking once again at home against the Blue Jackets. The Lightning are 30-16 against Columbus since 2008 and have won seven of the last eight games between the two teams, including a 4-1 victory this past December.
Blue Jackets vs. Lightning Odds and Predictions
The Lightning are massive -455 moneyline favorites, while the Blue Jackets are +340 underdogs. Neither bet provides good value, although the Lightning should cruise to a victory tonight. A better bet would be the over six, which pays out at (-122).
Tampa is due for a scoring explosion, and three of the last five Lightning and Blue Jackets games have had more than six goals.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar4 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson5 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe7 months ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom7 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar3 days ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank3 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank1 month ago