- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Tampa Bay Lightning January 10 Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets (12-25-2) look to continue their improved play with starting goaltender Jonas Korpisalo back in the fold on Tuesday night as they travel to Tampa, Florida, to play the Tampa Bay Lightning (24-13-1).
Korpisalo is 6-7-1 this season with a 3.10 goals-against average and .913 save percentage. Columbus is 6-18-1 in games in which Korpisalo doesn't start.
Tampa Bay has lost two games in a row and is losing ground in the ever-competitive Atlantic Division. They're now eight points back of the Toronto Maple Leafs for second place and just three points up on the Pittsburgh Penguins for the last wild-card playoff spot.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
It hasn't been an easy or enjoyable season for the Blue Jackets players and fans alike. Columbus entered the season with fresh optimism after signing coveted free agent Johnny Gaudreau to play alongside sniper Patrik Laine.
Gaudreau has played well; he leads the team in scoring with 38 points in 39 games, but Laine has been limited to just 24 games and has only 16 points. Even worse, the Blue Jackets are in 31st place in the NHL standings, just two points up on the last-place Chicago Blackhawks.
Columbus is 2-8 in its last 10 games. They played arguably their best game of the season on Sunday against the Washington Capitals, but lost 1-0. Columbus outshot Washington 38-20. The night before, Columbus beat Carolina 4-3 in a shootout despite being outshot 42-18.
The Blue Jackets' next five games after Tampa are against the Hurricanes, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, and Nashville Predators. This stretch could further solidify them as a top contender to win the NHL Draft lottery and land generational talent Connor Bedard.
🏒 Sports betting is here. Visit betJACK today to get started! 🏒
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview
The Lightning haven't been as consistent this season as they have in years past, but they're still a dangerous team that has little trouble scoring. Tampa Bay ranks sixth in the league in goals per game at 3.47 and has the league's sixth-best power play.
Nikita Kucherov leads the team in scoring with 55 points, while Steven Stamkos and Brayden Point have 43 and 39 points, respectively. Victor Hedman has had somewhat of a down year, as he has just one goal and 24 assists.
Tampa Bay had won four games in a row before dropping consecutive games to the Minnesota Wild and Winnipeg Jets.
They were outscored 9-3 in those games and will be looking to get their offense clicking once again at home against the Blue Jackets. The Lightning are 30-16 against Columbus since 2008 and have won seven of the last eight games between the two teams, including a 4-1 victory this past December.
Blue Jackets vs. Lightning Odds and Predictions
The Lightning are massive -455 moneyline favorites, while the Blue Jackets are +340 underdogs. Neither bet provides good value, although the Lightning should cruise to a victory tonight. A better bet would be the over six, which pays out at (-122).
Tampa is due for a scoring explosion, and three of the last five Lightning and Blue Jackets games have had more than six goals.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres February 28 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Minnesota Wild vs. Columbus Blue Jackets February 23 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Arizona Coyotes February 19 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Cleveland Guardians vs. Seattle Mariners Opening Day Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Cleveland Browns: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo will be best compliment Myles Garret has seenMac Blank2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Atlanta Hawks March 28 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- 2023 American League Central Betting GuideDrew Thirion3 days ago