Los Angeles Kings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets December 11 Betting Preview
The Flames continued their franchise trend of starting slow, with Patrik Laine capitalizing on it and scoring with 1:02 left in the first period. Erik Robinson scored in the second, and Sean Kuraly added an empty net goal, while Elvis Merzlikins made nineteen saves to get the win for the Blue Jackets.
Up next for CBJ is the Los Angeles Kings, who arrive in Columbus after defeating the Montreal Canadiens 4-2 on Saturday night. Let's review the odds, stats, and trends to try and find the best bets for the Kings vs. Blue Jackets.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
After the win over the Calgary Flames, the Blue Jackets have a 9-15-2 record. CBJ has still lost three of their last five games, with four of five ending in a 1.5-goal spread and only one hitting the over of 6.5.
The Blue Jackets have hit the under in their last four games when one team is playing on one day's rest. The under is 7-1 in the Blue Jackets' last eight games. However, CBJ is 1-5 in their previous six home games.
With Elvis Merzlikins starting and getting the win in the Blue Jackets' last game, hockey convection suggests Columbus would start their other goalie on back-to-back nights. However, Joonas Korpisalo is listed as out. The Blue Jackets have called up Jet Greaves to back-up Merzlikins, who we expect to get the start against the Kings.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Kings enter Sunday night's game with a 15-11-4 record, ranking them second in the Pacific Division. The Kings have alternated wins and losses over their last five games, winning three of their last five. Two of their last five games have hit the over of 6.5, two have ended on six total goals, and all five ended with at least a 1.5-goal spread.
The over is 4-0 in the Kings' games against the Metropolitan division in 2022-23. However, the Kings are 0-4 against the Metropolitan Division and are 0-5 in their last five games following a win.
Jonathan Quick and Phoenix Copley have swapped starts over the last four games. We're still determining who gets the start, but we're leaning toward Jonathan Quick. If Quick gets the start, he has an 8-8-2 record, a 3.42 goals-against average, and a .887 save percentage. If Copley gets the start, he has a 2-0-0 record, a 2.00 goals-against average, and a .927 save percentage.
Odds And Predictions
If you are new to our Columbus Blue Jackets betting previews, we use this space to remind readers that our odds include overtime, and there are numerous alternative betting lines to explore.
Our first prediction is to follow the trends and take the under. CBJ and Los Angeles could hit the over, but the performance trends and betting records all favor taking the under of 6.5.
Our second prediction is to take CBJ on the moneyline. The safe bet is to take the Kings as the favorite on the moneyline, as they are the better team and will likely make the playoffs in the Spring. However, we're hoping our betting action can provide a little magic and help the Blue Jackets win their second game in a row.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar4 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson5 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe7 months ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom7 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar1 day ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago