Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Columbus Blue Jackets February 10 Betting Preview
On Friday night, the Columbus Blue Jackets will take on the Toronto Maple Leafs, in another very difficult matchup for the Jackets. The Blue Jackets still sit at the bottom of the NHL standings, and they face a Toronto team that appears to be playoff bound in the Eastern Conference. Here, we look at this Friday night matchup on the ice, featuring Ohio’s NHL representatives.
Toronto Maple Leafs
The Toronto Maple Leafs sit in second place in the Atlantic Division going into Friday, with 70 points to their name. They are fourth in points in the East going into this game, trailing the Boston Bruins, Carolina Hurricanes, and New Jersey Devils in that department.
In this game, Toronto is the favorite as they look to pull closer to those three teams by beating one of the worst teams in the league.
However, the Maple Leafs have not been nearly as good on the road as they have been at home so far this season. They are just 11-8-4 on the road so far this season, losing more games than they have won away from their home ice on the year.
While the Leafs will be favored to win this game by anyone who watches hockey, they could very well fall on the road again here against the Blue Jackets.
Columbus Blue Jackets
Things have not gone well for the Columbus Blue Jackets so far this season, as they sit on just 34 points going into Friday night. That is the lowest total in the NHL, just behind a Chicago Blackhawks team that has 35 points for the year. Here, the Jackets face a tough test at home against Toronto, but they do have the potential to take advantage of the Maple Leafs’ road woes to spring an upset in the East.
Columbus has by no means been great at home this season, but they have been respectable, which is more than they can say about their road games. The Blue Jackets are 11-15-2 at home on the season, compared to 4-17-2 on the road. If they can get another win at home here, it would snap a three-game losing streak, and potentially move Columbus out of the bottom spot in the entire league.
Keys To The Game
The biggest key to this game for the Maple Leafs is going to be not taking this game for granted. It is easy to feel like a game is a given when facing one of the worst teams in the NHL. But there are no free wins in the NHL, especially on the road, and the Leafs are going to need to bring their best effort and energy if they want to win this one.
On the Columbus side, the key to this game is going to be their defense, which has struggled mightily throughout the year. Columbus has allowed 198 goals on the season, which is the most among any team in the Eastern Conference. If they cannot protect their defensive zone better here, it could be another long night in Columbus.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson10 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago