VCU Rams vs. Dayton Flyers January 13 Betting Preview
The Flyers and Rams are scheduled for a 9:00 p.m tip-off from the University of Dayton Arena. The Flyers are currently a home favorite at (-7.5), with an anticipated total of 130.
VCU Needs a Quality Victory
The Rams of VCU are one of the most intriguing teams in the Atlantic 10 due to the fact that no one knows how good this team really is. They have defeated Pittsburgh this season but also lost to Jacksonville and Temple. The Rams' victory against Davidson could eventually prove better than it looks right now, but that has yet to be determined.
Adrian "Ace" Baldwin leads Mike Rhoades' club in terms of scoring at 13.3 points per game. Baldwin has found a groove lately, scoring in double figures in six of his last seven games. The 6' 1 junior guard logged 13 points and eight assists in VCU's victory over Loyola-Chicago in the Ram's most recent contest.
VCU has not been very good against the spread this season at just 6-10-1 while underperforming the number by -1.5 points per contest. The numbers get even worse on the road as the Rams are just 1-3 ATS and underperforming by -2.6 points per game. Of course, those numbers have improved over the last five games, where the Rams have covered in five of their last six.
Flying Towards an A-10 Title?
Dayton currently sits atop the Atlantic Ten standings with their perfect conference record but does have four teams nipping at their heels. Saint Louis, Richmond, and VCU all sit right behind the Flyers at 3-1, while George Washington and La Salle are both at 2-1 in league play.
Anthony Grant's club is led by a tremendous forward in 6 '10 DaRon Holmes, who is averaging 19.8 points per game along with 8.3 rebounds.
In his most recent outing, Holmes put 32 points on the scoreboard in a blowout victory over the Fordham Rams. Over his last eleven games, Holmes is averaging 23.4 points, 9.7 rebounds, and a couple of blocks per game as he runs away with the A-10 conference player of the year award.
Despite Dayton's success in recent weeks, the Flyers are still just 9-8 against the spread on the season. Most of those failed covers came early in the season. However, they have been rolling lately, covering seven consecutive games to coincide with their current winning streak.
Grant's club is finding its groove as they head into the depths of conference play and have been tremendous at home, covering in six of their nine home games by +2.1 points per contest.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago