Western Michigan Broncos vs. Dayton Flyers November 30 Betting Preview
In a Wednesday night college hoops matchup, Western Michigan will travel to Dayton to take on the Flyers who are a perfect 3-0 at home on the young season.
Western Michigan Betting Preview
Western Michigan comes into this contest with a record of 2-5, including a 1-3 record on the road.
The Broncos have seemingly been getting the majority of their offense from Lamar Norman Jr, as he averages over 21 points per contest. The second leading scorer behind him? Titus Wright, who doesn't even average 10 points per contest.
To beat a team like Dayton, you need a team effort, not just one player scoring all of the points. It's just how college basketball in general goes.
While these numbers might stand out and be alarming when it comes to their chances of beating a team like Dayton, the Broncos average nearly 10 points per game more than the Flyers.
If you're Dayton, only putting up 62 points per game but still winning games can only mean one thing; they are a very good team defensively.
If the Flyers main focus is to take away the impact Norman Jr will have on the game, it will force others to step up for the Broncos, something they are yet to do this season. Dayton is a good basketball team, so it will be interesting to see how they go after the Broncos on defense.
Dayton Flyers Betting Preview
While the Dayton Flyers do still sit below .500 at 3-4 to start the season, their quality of opponents has been much higher than a team like Western Michigan.
The spread happens to show just that, as the Flyers will head into this game as -18 point favorites, despite sitting with that 3-4 record.
So far, this Flyers squad has lost to UNLV, Wisconsin, NC State and BYU (in overtime).
Again, despite playing quality opponents and coming up just short in some of those contests, they are yet to get blown out. Point being? Dayton is a good basketball team.
The Flyers will in fact be coming off of that overtime loss to BYU in their last matchup, and I believe they are due to dominate on defense and score some points and win this game easily.
The Flyers also enter tonight having a much more balanced attack on offense, not relying solely on one guy like Western Michigan.
Best Bets: Dayton ML, Dayton -18
Again, Dayton is due big-time for a win. What better way to do so back at home against a team you know you're better than?
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe6 months ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman6 months ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel7 months ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman7 months ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman7 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar6 hours ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago