- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Baker Mayfield Next Team Odds: Where Will Baker Be Traded?
When the Cleveland Browns acquired Deshaun Watson from the Houston Texans, it became clear the Baker Mayfield will be available via trade.
Here are Baker Mayfield's Next Team Betting Odds for 2022.
Indianapolis Colts (+350)
Although the Colts are Mayfield's preferred destination, it feels like Mayfield will not be heading to Indiana.
Reports indicate that the Colts are focused on acquiring Matt Ryan from the Atlanta Falcons. Before that, they were rumored to have interest in Jimmy Garoppolo. Despite being the betting favorite, I would be shocked if Baker ended up in blue and white.
Carolina Panthers (+450)
Matt Rhule's NFL career is on life support. After missing out on Watson, maybe the Panthers could take a swing at Mayfield. They have a less-than-desirable offensive line, but a solid defense with a few nice wideouts.
Sam Darnold is a royal bust, but maybe Carolina can find lightning in a bottle with Mayfield.
Seattle Seahawks (+500)
The Seahawks at 5-1 odds are my bet to where Mayfield lands. They make the most sense.
Seattle has two prime second-round picks (No. 40 and 41 overall) that would make a ton of sense for the Browns to target, if the Seahawks would be willing to part with either of them. Their roster has holes, but they have two quality receivers, a decent run game, and a coach to match Mayfield's brash personality.
The NFC West is absolutely loaded with the 49ers, Rams, and Cardinals all ready to make a push towards the playoffs. Mayfield as a bridge QB in Seattle could make sense.
New Orleans Saints (+800)
If the Saints don't bring back Jameis Winston, this could be another sensible landing spot for Mayfield.
While the Drew Brees comparisons are growing tiresome, it would be wise of New Orleans to at least kick the tires on the former No. 1 overall pick with similar physical measurements to their own future Hall of Famer.
Houston Texans (+800)
This would be a stunner. If the Texans wanted Mayfield, they could have just acquired him in the Watson deal. That ship has likely sailed.
Atlanta Falcons (+1000)
The Falcons are an interesting case, because outside of Tom Brady's Buccaneers, it's a pretty sad division consisting of the Panthers and Saints. They invested in Kyle Pitts, but have almost no talent elsewhere.
Mayfield is owed nearly $19 million on his fifth-year option. Atlanta could prolong their inevitable tear down one more year by giving Mayfield an opportunity to turn his career around in the wake of trading away Matt Ryan.
There's worse bets to be made than the Falcons at 10-1 odds.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cleveland Browns Rookie Draft Profile: Siaka IkaMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Cincinnati Bengals: 2023 NFL Draft RecapBarry Devoe1 month ago
- Cleveland Browns Rookie Draft Profile: Cedric TillmanMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns: No Better Time Than Now To Win AFC NorthMac Blank1 month ago
- Cleveland Browns: Bringing Back Anthony Walker Jr Will Revive Browns DefenseMac Blank2 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Parlay All Day: May 26, 2023Grant Puskar1 day ago
- Parlay All Day: May 25, 2023Grant Puskar2 days ago
- Parlay All Day: May 24, 2023Grant Puskar3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Where Do They Go From Here?Ian Jameson4 days ago
- Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Guardians May 22 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe5 days ago