- Call 1-800-522-4700
Cleveland Guardians vs. Chicago White Sox September 22 Betting Preview
The Cleveland Guardians (82-67) head to Guaranteed Rate Field to take on the Chicago White Sox (76-73).
With the first pitch scheduled for 8:10 p.m, the Guardians are looking to keep their winning momentum rolling. Winning 12 of their last 14 games, the Guardians are in a prime position to stay atop the AL Central. The White Sox, trailing the division lead by six games, look to make up some ground fast.
The Guardians lead the season-series 10-7 and have gathered a .789 OPS in that time. The White Sox have probably underwhelmed many this season but still are not out of it yet. This series against the Guardians is clearly their last effort.
Even if the team is motivated, the White Sox will still need to find a way to slow all of the Guardians' weapons down.
The Guardians played six of its last ten games as the moneyline favorite and won them all. Considering how locked in the Guardians clubhouse is, they are coming into this matchup as the favorite at (-143). While the White Sox moneyline at (+120) is undoubtedly enticing, starting pitcher Shane Bieber is a safe bet to crash the party.
Bieber has been consistent on the road this season while backed by the bats of Jose Ramirez, Steven Kwan, and Amed Rosario. Ramirez will look to add some final flair to his outstanding season as he ranks 21st in home runs league-wide. Even better, J-Ram has also ranked in the top three in the RBI tally.
Bieber is aligned to be the star of this series and will be looking to put a hungry and desperate White Sox team away, even if it means pitching deep into the game. The Guardians have a 14-6 record in Bieber's 20 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
Assessing The White Sox
This White Sox team consistently has their bats on the ball, but the runs simply aren't coming in to match.
Andrew Vaughn will need to be a star at the plate as he has currently led the White Sox in home runs at 17. Jose Abreu has been a standout and leads the White Sox in batting average this season.
This team tends to work conservatively, but they will need to find some aggression when runners are in a scoring position. Johnny Cueto looks to start for the White Sox, and I'm sure the Chicago fans are hoping he pulls it together.
The White Sox bullpen has been inconsistent and must keep the Guardians honest. The White Sox are 5.5 games out of the third and final AL Wild Card spot.
Surprisingly, the bench coach Miguel Cairo has taken the White Sox to greener grass as they finally look up to the expectations that were set coming into the season. All things considered, it will be hard for the White Sox to muster up enough juice to stay ahead of Cleveland on the scoreboard.
They will need strong performances from their group as the strength of Cleveland's bullpen is surely daunting.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli3 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros World Series Game 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons November 27 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe5 hours ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NFL Week 12Barry Devoe3 days ago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns Best Prop Bets November 27Ayden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans Best Prop Bets November 27Barry Devoe5 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Bad Third Quarter Ruins Upset, Snaps Win StreakDrew Thirion1 day ago