Columbus Blue Jackets at Detroit Red Wings Preview
Columbus has now lost three straight games, and they are missing out on a chance to get back in the playoff race. The Blue Jackets are now in sixth place in the Central Division, and they will be in a battle with Nashville and Chicago for the final playoff spot.
Detroit is in the last place in the Central Division, and they are going through a massive rebuild. The Red Wings snapped a three-game losing streak on Saturday and are looking to build up some momentum.
The Columbus Blue Jackets are -160 in this matchup with the Detroit Red Wings.
Offense Has Disappeared For Columbus
The Columbus Blue Jackets have not been an explosive offensive team all season long, but they’ve completely lost their offense of late. Columbus managed just one goal in the loss on Saturday, and the Red Wings aren’t exactly a dominant defensive team.
Oliver Bjorkstrand leads the team in goals, assists, and points, and the Blue Jackets have turned into a bit of a one-man show. Columbus has to find a way to generate more scoring opportunities, especially when they have the man advantage.
The Blue Jackets gave up two early goals in the game on Saturday, and getting off to a good start is another area to focus on for Columbus.
Red Wings Struggling in All Areas
The stats tell the story for the Detroit Red Wings, and this team doesn’t do anything very well. Detroit is scoring just 2.14 goals per game while allowing 3.26 goals against per game.
Robby Fabbri leads the Red Wings with ten goals this season, and he lit the lamp early in the game on Saturday. Filip Hronek has also emerged as a solid offensive player, leading the team with 18 assists and 19 total points.
Detroit wants to slow down the tempo and pace of this hockey game, and that strategy gave them the win on Saturday.
Columbus Can’t Lose Again
Losing two straight games to the Carolina Hurricanes is understandable, but that just can’t happen against the Detroit Red Wings. The Blue Jackets simply must find a way to get some offense on Sunday afternoon and snap this winning streak.
Detroit played a great game on Saturday, but the Red Wings have struggled all season long. They will give Columbus a chance to take control of this game, but it’s up to the Blue Jackets to get it done.
Look for the Blue Jackets to come out with plenty of energy and focus on Sunday afternoon as they know what needs to be done. Columbus doesn’t need to play a perfect game, but they do need to find a way to stop this losing streak.
The Blue Jackets have a great opportunity to stop the skid and turn things around on Sunday.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson10 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago