- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Detroit Tigers vs. Cleveland Guardians Tuesday August 16 Betting Odds & Analysis
The Cleveland Guardians find themselves in the thick of the American League Central race this season.
As a result, games like this one against the Detroit Tigers are so important, as the Guardians are favored to help their cause in their attempt to win the division and get to the playoffs. But the Tigers will look to make it tough on Cleveland, as Detroit looks to play the role of spoiler for teams the rest of the way.
August 16th Betting Odds
Playing at Progressive Field, the Guardians (-228) are betting favorites by 1.5 on the runline. The total runs for this game is set at over/under eight.
You can bet on this game for free using betJACK. Train now so you can earn real cash sports betting in 2023.
So far in this series, the Detroit Tigers have split two games with the Cleveland Guardians. After dropping the series opener 4-1, Detroit stormed back to win the second game by a 7-5 margin. Here, they will look to keep their momentum going against a Guardians team that might be feeling some pressure as they look to maintain their lead in the AL Central against a team they are supposed to beat.
Monday’s Game 2 win over the Guardians was the first real offensive breakout for the Tigers in their last few games, as they had failed to score over four runs in their prior four games. Here, they will look to keep that going while simultaneously getting a solid performance on the mound from Garrett Hill. Solid performances have been hard for Hill to come by this season, as he has a 2-3 record and a 4.66 ERA.
The Cleveland Guardians will be disappointed that they were not able to sweep their doubleheader against the Detroit Tigers on Monday. They had a chance to do so after winning the first game, but they could not close the deal in Game 2. Now, they send one of their least inspiring arms to the mound for Tuesday’s game against Detroit, who they will need to pitch well in order to keep their lead at at least two games in the division.
Zach Plesac is set to take the mound for the Guardians in this game, who is 2-10 on the hill so far this season. His ERA of 4.32 is actually better than that of Garrett Hill on the other side in this game. But with the way that Plesac has run throughout this season, this is a game that the Guardians may be nervous about despite the fact that they are the class of their division so far in 2022.
Keys to the Game
The biggest key to this game is going to be starting pitching on both sides. Neither team has their best talent on the mound for this game, which is going to make the performances of the pitchers that are available even more important. If Plesac can pitch a decent game here, he would give the Guardians a huge advantage over the struggling Tigers and Hill.
Also high on the list of keys to this game will be the ability for the Guardians to deal with the pressure of this moment. This is a game that the Guardians are supposed to win to help their cause in the division race. Being able to block out those expectations and focus on executing will be key to their success here.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman1 month ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli1 month ago
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar2 months ago
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 days ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli5 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb5 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank1 week ago