FC Cincinnati vs. Atlanta United Betting Preview
FC Cincinnati finally got their first home win in 11 months over the weekend, and now they head on the road to face Atlanta United. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m. ET Wednesday from Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, and the game will air on ESPN+.
These teams have met five times since FC Cincinnati joined MLS and Atlanta have three wins. The only time FCC won against Atlanta was at the 2020 MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando. The teams drew 1-1 in Ohio in July, and Atlanta grabbed a 2-0 home win last November.
Is Cincinnati Finally Coming Around?
FC Cincinnati scored in each half on Saturday to finally treat the home fans to a win at TQL Stadium. It marked their second 2-0 win over Toronto this season and ended a 12-match overall winless run. The win also moved the Orange and Blue five points ahead of Toronto for the last place in the East.
Brenner scored his team-leading sixth goal of the season against Toronto. The Orange and Blue are a different team when he and Luciano Acosta are playing at their best and linking up. Acosta leads the team with eight assists.
Acosta has more goals against Atlanta United than any other player in their history. He scored once with FCC and five times while playing for D.C. United, and he looks to add to that tally on Wednesday.
FC Cincinnati have played well on the road all season, despite a pair of losses at the end of August. They drew two games to start August and also grabbed wins in Orlando and Chicago in June. The defense has been Jekyll and Hyde allowing one goal in the last two games combined but allowing seven goals in the two games prior.
Barco Blasting Goals for Atlanta
Atlanta is finally starting to play well, and they punctuated their summer with a 3-0 win over rivals Orlando City on Friday. An own goal helped, but the Five Stripes grabbed goals of their own in each half to thrill the home fans with their biggest margin of victory this season.
The big key for Atlanta lately has been the play of Ezequiel Barco. The Argentine has been directly involved in seven of the 12 Five Stripes goals since August 1. In that span, he has scored four times and provided three assists while scoring just once in his previous 21 games.
Atlanta is tied for ninth place in the East, and they could be in a playoff spot by the end of the night with all three points. A win could vault Atlanta as high as fifth place, depending on what happens with other games around the league.
Since August 1, the Five Stripes have won three of four games at home, and they have five wins plus a draw in their last seven games. Atlanta has shot up the standings after firing manager Gabriel Heinze in July, and they are currently in a stretch of four straight home games.
- Atlanta United -190
- FC Cincinnati +500
- Draw +350
- Total Goals: 2.5. Over -140. Under +110
- First to Score: Atlanta United -245 FC Cincinnati +210
This will be a big game for FC Cincinnati, and both teams are in a stretch of playing three games in eight days. The good news is they head to Atlanta with some confidence and with the long winless run behind them. They can go into Mercedes Benz to play loose, and they will have to take some chances to keep up with an in-form United.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- MLS Betting Preview: Columbus Crew vs. FC CincinnatiTony Battalio4 months ago
- How to Bet on FC CincinnatibetJACK Training Camp10 months ago
- Columbus Crew vs. FC Cincinnati MLS Best Prop BetsBarry Devoe1 year ago
- Columbus Crew at FC Cincinnati Hell is Real August 27 Betting Odds & PredictionsBarry Devoe1 year ago
- FC Cincinnati vs. New York Red Bulls August 20 Betting Odds & AnalysisBarry Devoe1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns Preseason Evaluation: Buy or SellMac Blank1 month ago