- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
FC Cincinnati vs Montreal CF Betting Preview
One of, if not the most exciting games of the 2021 MLS season thus far, took place last month when FC Cincinnati traveled north of the border to face Montreal CF. The Orange and Blue led 2-0 and 4-2 before eventually falling in a 5-4 thriller. They get a chance to make amends on Wednesday as they host Montreal at 7:30 p.m. ET at TQL Stadium.
The July 17 win was the first-ever for Montreal in this series. FC Cincinnati won the first three matchups since joining MLS, including a 2-1 neutral site victory in May. The teams didn’t play last year, and FCC won 1-0 and 2-1 back in 2019 as Allan Cruz scored in both games.
Cincinnati Looking to End Winless Streak
As soon as it appeared the Orange and Blue had turned things around at the end of June, they have fallen off the pace again. After two straight wins in late June, they have gone eight in a row without a win for the third time in their MLS history. Ironically they have ended their previous losing streaks with wins over Montreal.
The good news for FCC is that of those eight games, and six have been draws. The goals have dried up, though, with just two goals in the last five games since the 5-4 loss at Montreal. They scored in a 1-1 home draw with Atlanta United on July 21 and a 1-1 home draw against Orlando City SC last Saturday.
After a slow start to his MLS career with only a penalty kick in the season opener, Brenner is playing his best soccer to date over the last month. Starting with two goals in the game at Montreal, the Brazilian has scored three times and assisted twice in the last six games, with FCC tallying six goals total in that span. Luciano Acosta joins Brenner for the team lead with four goals and also has four assists.
Jaap Stam’s side are still looking for their first win at TQL Stadium. After opening the new stadium on May 16 with a 3-2 loss, they dropped the next two without a goal. They had 2-2, 1-1, and 0-0 draws at home in July and a 1-1 draw last weekend.
Montreal Struggles on Road Continue
Montreal got back on track Saturday with a 2-1 win over New York Red Bulls. The win came on one of the wildest sequences in MLS history in stoppage time. Twice a penalty kick was saved, but twice, the Red Bulls goalie was ruled by VAR to have left early. That allowed Victor Wanyama to bury his third chance in the 98th minute for the win.
Mason Toye leads Montreal with seven goals on the season, including two against FCC back on July 17. Djordje Mihailovic, who came over from Chicago in the offseason, leads the team with six assists. Ahmed Hamdi nailed the winner against FCC in the 87th minute, his second of the game as a substitute.
Montreal hasn’t won on the road since July 7, when they beat Orlando City SC 2-1. Since then, they have suffered a 1-0 loss at NYCFC, a 2-1 loss at New England, a 2-1 loss at D.C. United and a 2-1 loss at Inter Miami.
FC Cincinnati: +110 Moneyline. -0.5 goals (-110)
Montreal CF: +250 Moneyline. +0.5 goals (-150)
Total Goals: 2.5. Over -120, Under +105
First Goal: FC Cincinnati -125. Montreal CF +125. No Goals +850
One thing we know is that this game will be close. All four games between Montreal and FCC have been decided by exactly one goal. Also, Montreal has played 14 straight games decided by one goal or less with five wins, three draws, and six losses in that span. Only one MLS team has had a longer streak since 2017.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Crew vs. FC Cincinnati MLS Best Prop BetsBarry Devoe5 months ago
- Columbus Crew at FC Cincinnati Hell is Real August 27 Betting Odds & PredictionsBarry Devoe5 months ago
- FC Cincinnati vs. New York Red Bulls August 20 Betting Odds & AnalysisBarry Devoe6 months ago
- FC Cincinnati vs. Atlanta United August 13 Betting Odds & AnalysisBarry Devoe6 months ago
- FC Cincinnati vs. Philadelphia Union August 6 Betting Odds & AnalysisRyan Knuppel6 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards February 6 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli14 hours ago
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Akron Zips February 3 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe4 days ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel5 days ago
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers February 2 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman5 days ago
- Providence Friars vs. Xavier Musketeers February 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago