- Call 1-800-522-4700
FC Cincinnati vs. NYCFC Betting Preview
FC Cincinnati couldn’t make it two wins in a row during the week as they were crushed 4-0 on the road against Atlanta United. Now they have their third game in eight days as they host fourth-place NYCFC on Saturday.
The kickoff at TQL Stadium is set for 7:30 p.m., and ESPN+ will have coverage.
NYCFC have dominated FC Cincinnati historically with wins in all five matchups. The last two games have been blowouts, with a 5-0 win in April and a 4-0 win last September. The only previous game to be played in Ohio was a 4-1 NYCFC win in August 2019.
FCC Led by Brenner
FC Cincinnati didn’t get much going in Atlanta after beating Toronto FC 2-0 last weekend for their first win at TQL Stadium. The fans are hoping to see the Orange and Blue make it two in a row at home this weekend, and they will be in full throat.
Brenner scored in the last home game for FCC, his sixth of the season. He needs one more to match Allan Cruz’s franchise record, and he is also four shots away from Juergen Locandia’s team mark.
The Orange and Blue will have to play this game without leading defender Ronald Matarrita. The former NYCFC defender has accumulated five yellow cards after he was cautioned on Wednesday, and he is suspended for one game.
FCC sits in 13th place, five points ahead of Toronto for the last place but 13 points out of a playoff spot. They have shown bright spots throughout the season but still, show growing pains right when it appears they are ready to take the next step.
NYCFC Scuffling in September
After climbing into the top tier in the Eastern Conference, NYCFC have gone three straight without a win. They drew FC Dallas before losing to New England and Nashville over the last week. NYCFC has struggled on the road going 2-6-3 while they are 8-2-2 at home.
Taty Castellanos has 11 goals for the Pigeons, the sixth-most in MLS. Maxi Morales has eight assists, one more than Castellanos. NYCFC is second in the Eastern Conference in scoring with 41 goals, six behind New England.
Sean Johnson and Luis Barraza share goalkeeping duties, and between the two of them have secured eight clean sheets in 2021. In addition, they have allowed the third-least goals in the East at 27.
NYCFC dominated the Orange and Blue at Yankee Stadium back in April with a 5-0 win. All five goals in that contest came as a result of set pieces, and FCC will need to limit those opportunities for the Pigeons on Saturday.
- FC Cincinnati +350
- NYCFC -130
- Draw +300
- Total Goals: 2.5. Over -145. Under +115
- First to Score: FC Cincinnati +165 NYCFC -190. No Goals +900
FC Cincinnati will need to play a nearly flawless game to make it two home wins in a row. It will be interesting to see if Jaap Stam has his side park the bus and play for a tie or open it up and try to make the game a shootout.
They have played a few of those games this season, including a 5-4 loss at Montreal, so they can compete in a high-scoring affair.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Crew vs. FC Cincinnati MLS Best Prop BetsBarry Devoe3 months ago
- Columbus Crew at FC Cincinnati Hell is Real August 27 Betting Odds & PredictionsBarry Devoe3 months ago
- FC Cincinnati vs. New York Red Bulls August 20 Betting Odds & AnalysisBarry Devoe3 months ago
- FC Cincinnati vs. Atlanta United August 13 Betting Odds & AnalysisBarry Devoe4 months ago
- FC Cincinnati vs. Philadelphia Union August 6 Betting Odds & AnalysisRyan Knuppel4 months ago
- Recent Posts
- betJACK Best Bets: Three Team Week 13 NFL ParlayCole Paganelli2 days ago
- Cleveland Browns vs. Houston Texans December 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- NBA Sixth Man Of The Year Updated OddsRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar18 hours ago
- Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots Thursday Night Football Betting PreviewBarry Devoe20 hours ago