- Call 1-800-522-4700
March Madness Selection Sunday Odds: Ohio State Seeding OVER/UNDER Bets
Ohio State was in a position to improve on their expected seeding in the NCAA tournament by making a deep run in the conference tournament. They needed to take care of the Penn State Nittany Lions on Thursday night and instead fell to the Nittany Lions by a score of 71-68.
The Buckeyes came into the Big Ten tournament as a six seed and Penn State, an eleven seed. Ohio State will return home to prepare for the NCAA tournament, but their seeding heavily depends on the results from the rest of the conference tournaments.
Let’s look ahead at where Ohio State is predicted to be seeded and what could happen to help or hurt the Buckeyes’ seeding.
Seeds are determined in part by the amount of quality wins or bad losses that a team has. For the Buckeyes, their wins at home versus Duke, at home versus Wisconsin, and on the road against Illinois were the highlights of their 19-win season. Those opponents are all projected low seeds for the NCAA tournament and were ranked when Ohio State beat them.
On the other side, the loss to Nebraska was by far their worst loss of the season. Nebraska had a 10-22 season and found themselves in last place in the Big Ten.
What makes this loss worse is that it was the third to last game of the season. Other bad losses include a loss on the road to Indiana and on the road to Maryland.
At this point, the Buckeyes are projected to be a six seed (25.5% chance). According to the predictions, there is a much higher chance for the Buckeyes to move to a higher seed with the success of teams that are being compared to the Buckeyes. There is a 21.5% chance that they land as a seven seed and a 17.9% chance that they move up to a five seed.
The other company that Ohio State will hope the committee puts them over includes many different teams. They have to be concerned not only for the other six seeds but the teams above and below them.
The projected five seeds include UConn, LSU, Texas, and Iowa. Houston, Saint Mary’s, and Alabama are the other projected six seeds besides the Buckeyes. The teams that are looking to take the six seed are most likely the current projected seven seeds of Colorado State, USC, Michigan State, and Boise State.
Now, on to our betting prediction for the expected seeding. I believe that the Buckeyes will drop to the seven seed since there is a lot of conference tournament basketball to be played. Ohio State did not do themselves any favors at the end of the season with some key losses, and the first game exit from the conference tournament will not help their case.
Be sure to follow betJACK on Twitter for all the upsets, fast breaks game winners throughout March Madness!
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Ohio State "The Game" Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- Louisville vs. Cincinnati Maui Invitational November 23 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar4 days ago
- No. 21 Texas Tech vs. Ohio State Maui Invitational November 23 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar4 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: Mens College Basketball November 23Jordan Knabb4 days ago
- Ohio State vs. Cincinnati Maui Invitational November 22 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Bad Third Quarter Ruins Upset, Snaps Win StreakDrew Thirion1 day ago
- New York Islanders vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 25 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Milwaukee Bucks November 25 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 days ago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns November 27 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman4 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football Week 13Ryan Knuppel2 days ago