Mid-American Conference 2021-22 Basketball Preview
The Mid-American Conference (MAC) is always a league that draws national attention in both college football and basketball. The MAC college football season is nearing the final stretch, but the college basketball season is also underway.
The MAC is a league that tends to offer college basketball games throughout the week, and that is one reason that it draws national attention. The other biggest reason is that there always seems to be a ton of parity in this league, allowing for more than a half dozen teams to win the title.
Picking a MAC college basketball champion is never easy because there are going to be upset throughout the league. This current season appears to be one of the best in recent memory and teams from Ohio are going to be in the mix.
Current Betting Odds
The odds to win the MAC Conference have been out for months, and you won’t see many changes unless there is a developing story. The MAC is known to produce some surprising college football results, but that isn’t always the case when it comes to college basketball.
Here is a closer look at the current MAC Championship betting odds:
Buffalo Bulls +155
Ohio Bobcats +180
Bowling Green Falcons +850
Kent State Golden Flashes +1200
Toledo Rockets +1200
Akron Zips +1400
The preseason betting favorite is the Buffalo Bulls but it’s all Ohio after that point. Even though Michigan has a number of teams in the MAC as well it looks like Ohio teams have put together a much better roster.
What is great about the MAC is that even teams that aren’t currently on this list above are going to have a chance to win the conference. These future betting odds are going to be changing throughout the regular season, and it’s going to be an exciting conference race to follow.
Ohio Will Be Represented With Champion
This should be a banner year for the MAC teams in the state of Ohio, even though the betting odds clearly have Buffalo as the favorite. Travel is going to be a major concern for the Bulls all season long and that is why taking a team from Ohio is the way to go.
You aren’t going to see a National Championship contender coming from the MAC this season, but there is an outside chance that the league could get two teams in the NCAA Tournament. The teams in the MAC are going to be beating up on each other throughout the year, but don’t be surprised to see a few teams break away from the pack.
Buffalo is the easiest pick when betting on the MAC, but that’s not the way you should go this season. Ohio will have to find a way to deal with the loss of Jason Preston, but this is also a roster that is loaded with talent.
If you’re going to make a bet on the MAC Conference champion then Ohio appears like a great bet, but it’s also one that has a ton of value.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe6 months ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman6 months ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel7 months ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman7 months ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman7 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar20 hours ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago