MLB Parlay: Best Three-Teamer September 26
The Major League Baseball slate on Monday does not feature very much action, as there are just four games going on.
However, three of those games have major playoff implications, making it an exciting night even if the schedule is rather light.
Here, we look at three bets worth putting into a three-team parlay during tonight’s action, including a couple of those games with significance in the playoff race.
Blue Jays (-120)
Heading into Monday’s game against the New York Yankees, the Toronto Blue Jays are in first place in the American League Wild Card race. They can get closer to clinching a playoff spot with a win at home against the Yankees, and they should be able to get just that.
Against a Yankees team whose magic number in the AL East is just two, Toronto has more to play for and will take advantage of their heightened sense of urgency with a win.
In addition to having more to play for here, the Jays also have an advantage in the pitching department. Kevin Gausman is just 12-10 this season so far, but he has a respectable 3.32 ERA.
More importantly, he is not just coming back from injury like Luis Severino, whose innings are likely to be limited to some degree in just his second outing since the middle of July.
When the Baltimore Orioles and Boston Red Sox meet tonight, it will be the Orioles still fighting for a playoff spot, surprisingly enough. Baltimore is four games out of the third and final Wild Card spot, meaning that they need to have a huge week to stay in the hunt.
That will start with a win as a slight underdog against a Boston Red Sox team that was swept by the Yankees over the weekend.
More than anything else, this play is a fade of the Red Sox with Connor Seabold on the mound. Seabold is 0-3 on the season and has a jaw-dropping 10.47 ERA in his 16.1 innings of work thus far.
He is a liability on the hill for the Red Sox, which makes the Orioles an attractive option to get back into the win column in a game that they really need to have in order to keep their slim hopes alive.
Finally, we will finish our three-team parlay with a game where both teams have no chance of making the playoffs. The Pittsburgh Pirates and Cincinnati Reds have both been eliminated from playoff contention. But that doesn’t mean that the Pirates are not worth playing as the third leg of a MLB parlay during a slow Monday in the majors.
So far this season, the Pirates hold a 9-7 edge in the 16 games they have played against the Reds. They look like a good bet to move to 10-7 against Cincinnati, as Pittsburgh sends Roansy Contreras to the mound tonight.
Contreras allowed just one run in four innings of work against the Reds just a couple of weeks ago and should be able to put together another strong performance in this contest.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar2 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 27, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns Preseason Evaluation: Buy or SellMac Blank1 month ago