- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
NHL Postseason Update: Monday May 17, 2021
Wow! What a start to the National Hockey League postseason. We have seen four games in the first two days, and three of them went to overtime. As you know, in the world of sports - there are not many things more intense than postseason hockey; especially games that go to overtime. This hopes to be a great omen for the 2021 postseason.
Capitals Top Bruins 3-2 in Overtime
Nic Dowd scored in overtime and took down the Boston Bruins in Game 1. Craig Anderson was also solid in the game, as he saved 21 shots and kept the Bruins off balance. Another big key in Game 1 was the play of T.J. Oshie, who finished with a pair of assists. Game 2 is Monday night.
Islanders Spring Small Upset in Pittsburgh with 4-3 win in Overtime
The New York Islanders tied the game in the early third and then took the lead with just over 4:00 to go in the game. Just 0:31 later, the Penguins tied the game. As the game went to overtime, at the 16:30 mark Kyle Palmieri, who came to New York at the deadline, won the game and started the series off right for the Islanders. Game 2 is set for Tuesday night.
Wild Blank Vegas in Extra Time
Not only did the Minnesota Wild blank the Vegas Golden Knights, but they did it playing overtime. The Wild goaltender Cam Talbot was outstanding, with 42 saves. The Wild won the game with a goal from Joel Eriksson Ek’s goal at the 3:20 mark of overtime. This was definitely an upset, as Vegas is one of the favorites to win the Stanley Cup. But Minnesota fared well throughout the regular season against Vegas. Game 2 is Tuesday night.
Florida Battle #1: Goes to Tampa Bay in Overtime
The battle of the STate of Florida was a great game. The game saw 9 goals and saw several lead changes. In the end, Brayden Point was a game-changer tying the game and also winning the game for the Lightning. The defending Stanley Cup Champions are now up 1-0 on Florida, who is a small favorite in this series. These two teams will meet in Game 2 on Tuesday.
There is a trio of games on tap for Monday on ice. The Boston Bruins and Washington Capitals are playing their second game of a best of 7 series. The Capitals came away with the win in the opener. Boston would love to go back home for two games and be even in the series. The Bruins are small favorites in the Monday affair.
The middle game of the night features the Nashville Predators and the Carolina Hurricanes. The Predators were the final team in the Central Division to get into the postseason. Carolina was impressive all season long and won the division. The question now is - can the Hurricanes do the same thing in the postseason? We are about to find out Monday night. The Hurricanes are big favorites over Nashville in both game 1 and also in the series.
The final game on Monday Night will take place at Ball Arena in Denver when the St. Louis Blues and Colorado Avalanche start their best of 7 series. The Blues and Avalanche played 8 times this season, with Colorado winning 5 of them. Both teams played well down the stretch, as Colorado needed five straight wins to seal the President’s Trophy. St. Louis is just two years removed from winning the 2019 Stanley Cup. The Blues will be without top point scorer David Perron for Game 1. Colorado is the biggest favorite in the first round.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres February 28 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Minnesota Wild vs. Columbus Blue Jackets February 23 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Arizona Coyotes February 19 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Browns: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo will be best compliment Myles Garret has seenMac Blank2 hours ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Atlanta Hawks March 28 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- 2023 American League Central Betting GuideDrew Thirion1 day ago
- Cleveland Guardians 2023 Season Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom5 days ago
- Cleveland Browns: Elijah Moore Is What The Browns Have Been MissingMac Blank5 days ago