Ohio State MBB vs. Northwestern Bet Preview
The Big Ten Conference once again looks like the best league in the country, and every game is going to be important. The Ohio State Buckeyes host the Northwestern Wildcats on Sunday afternoon, and the hosts can’t afford to let this one slip away.
Ohio State comes into this game with a record of 9-3, and they are still ranked as a top-15 team in the country. The Buckeyes did suffer a 67-51 loss to Indiana in their most recent game, and they need to bounce back in a big way.
Northwestern is now 8-4 on the season, but this team has found it much harder to pick up wins in the Big Ten. The Wildcats have now lost two straight Big Ten Conference games, and playing on the road makes things more difficult.
The Ohio State Buckeyes are 7.5-point betting favorites over the Northwestern Wildcats.
Wildcats Want to Defend
Northwestern does not have as much overall talent as some teams in the Big Ten Conference, but they can win games by slowing it down. Shooting the basketball has been a challenge for Northwestern at times as they are only shooting 45 percent.
Forward Pete Nance leads the Wildcats with nearly 16 points per game, and he will need to have a big game for Northwestern in this one. Ohio State does have plenty of size to throw at Nance, and the Wildcats will have to make shots.
Northwestern is holding teams to just 63 points per game this season, but that defense has been struggling in Big Ten Conference play.
Liddell Leading the Way For Buckeyes
The Ohio State Buckeyes have been dealing with injuries all season long, but their best player continues to lead the way. E.J. Liddell is scoring 19 points and 7.4 rebounds per game, and he should be an All Big Ten Conference performer this season.
Zed Key and Kyle Young have combined for 18 points per game, and each player has the ability to take over on offense. If Northwestern closes in on Liddell, then these two players could have a big game.
Ohio State is giving up 68 points per game, but that’s actually a solid number based on how fast the Buckeyes like to play. The Buckeyes will be trying to win this game on the offensive end of the floor.
Buckeyes Take Care of Business
Northwestern wants to play extremely slow, but that just isn’t going to work against the Ohio State Buckeyes. Ohio State has a pretty distinct size advantage in this matchup, and they will be able to pick up plenty of points in the paint.
The Buckeyes have the ability to beat any team in the country, and they are going to play much better on their home floor. Northwestern got off to a solid start in 2021, but this is a team that won’t be able to keep up in the Big Ten Conference.
Bet the Buckeyes -7.5 as they use this game to bounce back from the disappointing blowout loss at Indiana.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago