- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Three Trades the Reds Should Make At MLB Deadline
It has been an interesting first half of the season for the Cincinnati Reds, and they looked like clear sellers at one point in June. A strong finish has the Reds just four games out of first place, and it is time that they become buyers at the trade deadline.
The Reds still have some work to do to catch the Milwaukee Brewers, but there are pieces out there that can help. Cincinnati won’t want to empty out the farm system, but they also need to make a run at it this season.
Here are three trades that the Reds should make at MLB Deadline.
Make a Big Splash With Story
Trevor Story is going to be one of the most sought-after players in baseball at the MLB Trade Deadline. It’s no secret that the Rockies need to make a trade before he leaves the team in free agency.
Shortstop is a position of need for the Reds this season, especially after injuries have taken away some of the depth. Adding Story would add another big bat in the lineup, and he is also one of the best defensive players in baseball.
The asking price for Story would be pretty high, but it shouldn’t require one of the best prospects in the Reds system. Everyone knows that Colorado needs to make a deal, and the Reds should keep calling every day until one is made.
It’s going to take a big move to catch the Milwaukee Brewers, and adding Story could push the Reds over the top.
Get Chafin From Cubs
Adding another bullpen arm should be another priority for the Reds front office, and they don’t have to look far to get some help. The Chicago Cubs have one of the best bullpens in baseball, and there are some pieces there worth trading for.
Craig Kimbrel is the best relief pitcher in Chicago, but the asking price is simply going to be too large. Instead, the Reds should focus on left-handed reliever Andrew Chafin.
Chafin is not a big name, but he has been terrific this season for the Cubs. He has pitched in big moments for Chicago all season long, and he could play a pivotal role in the Reds trying to track down the Milwaukee Brewers.
Jose Berrios Could Become Ace
The Minnesota Twins are one of the most disappointing teams in baseball this season, and that should make them “sellers” at the Trade Deadline. Minnesota was expected to be a playoff contender, but they have dug themselves a huge hole.
Jose Berrios is the ace of the Twins pitching staff, and he will likely be traded away over the next few weeks. Minnesota is not just going to give Berrios away, but the Reds have enough pieces there to make a move.
Starting pitching has started to improve for the Reds, but you can never have too many arms ready to go. This is not a major priority for the Reds, but adding Berrios could be a big move.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Early MLB Most Valuable Player CandidatesRyan Knuppel2 months ago
- 3 Keys To Another Cleveland Guardians Division TitleBarry Devoe2 months ago
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman3 months ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 23 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 day ago
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 21 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe2 weeks ago
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago