Top Bets In Sports For September 6, 2022: Puskar's Picks
We are just two days away from a brand new NFL season, which means we are almost in full-swing with sports betting. Once the NFL does in fact kickoff, bettors will have their plates full not only during the week but weekends as well.
We have another full slate of MLB games to choose from today, after going just one-for-four yesterday. It's the first time we've been below .500, so let's get back to it today.
Let us start with the wagon of the day; the Houston Astros.
Sitting in second place in the entire MLB standings, the Astros are 87-48 on the season. They are also 6-1 in their last seven games, and I tend to believe that they make it 7-1 through their last eight tonight.
With Framber Valdez on the mound for the Astros tonight, who is 14-4 with an ERA of just 2.63, they are set up to take care of business against the Rangers. They snagged game one of the series last night by a score of 1-0, and I think they start the series with a 2-0 lead tonight.
Bet No. 1: Astros ML (-295)
Pick number two comes from Florida, as the Rays host the Red Sox in game two of the series.
The Rays grabbed game one of the series last night 4-3, scoring two in the seventh innning and never looking back after that.
The pitching matchup in the game tonight features Rich Hill against Drew Rasmussen. While Rasmussen has a small ERA of 1.97 at home, Hill has an ERA of just under four this year on the road. There have been at least seven total runs scored in four of Hill's last five starts, and I think that trend continues tonight as I like the over in this game.
Bet No. 2: Rays/Red Sox Over 8 Runs (-103)
Pick number three takes me back to not only the Guardians, but the over on their pitcher's strikeouts.
Last night, starter Triston McKenzie fell short of the over by just one strikeout, so I'm back for redemption tonight with ace Shane Bieber. I believe the Guardians are going to string some wins together in this series and possibly get a sweep, so let's see a vintage dominant performance from Bieber on Tuesday night.
Bet No. 3: Shane Bieber Over 5.5 Strikeouts (-159)
The last pick of the day takes me out to Philadelphia, where the Philles open up a new series hosting the Miami Marlins.
The Marlins are currently riding a seven-game losing streak going into tonight, and simply put; I don't see the losing streak ending tonight against the Phillies.
Aaron Nola will be on the mound tonight for the Phillies, who is 9-11 this season with an ERA of 3.43. His WHIP is below one, however, posting at a solid 0.97.
The Phillies are on a small slide of their own, having lost their last three games. The only difference in losing streaks besides the Marlins losing seven in a row and the Phillies losing three is that the Phillies streak ends tonight, while the Marlins' will continue.
Bet No. 4: Phillies ML (-244)
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 27, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Jim Schwartz has moved mountains so far for BrownsMac Blank1 day ago
- NFL: Updated AFC North title odds after Week 3Grant Puskar4 days ago
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar1 week ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago