Top MLB No Run First Inning Bets For September 16
The No Run First Inning (NRFI) bet is incredibly popular among MLB bettors for its instant gratification and potential to back quality pitching to do what it does best. On Friday night, there are multiple games worth considering for NRFI bets. Here, we look at the three best NRFI bets for the Friday night slate.
Athletics vs. Astros (-127)
Converting a NRFI bet requires six outs to take place before a run is scored. While it is difficult to retire the Astros without an out being recorded, the Oakland Athletics have one of the most anemic offenses in Major League Baseball.
If the Astros can put the A’s down in the top of the first without any noise, that will be half the battle, at which point the price for a run in the first inning will set up a hedging opportunity in the bottom of the first.
Justin Verlander is set to start this game on the mound for the Astros, which means the Athletics should have trouble scoring.
Verlander is 16-3 on the season with an ERA of 1.84, which does not bode well for the team with the second-fewest runs in Major League Baseball this season. The bottom of the first inning might be a sweat, but the price for this bet is worth it based on the pitching mismatch the Astros enjoy.
White Sox vs. Tigers (-129)
The Chicago White Sox are still in the race for the American League Central title, sitting three games back of the Cleveland Guardians. They have a series full of very winnable games this weekend as they take on the Detroit Tigers.
While White Sox starter Lucas Giolito has struggled so far this season, posting an ERA of 5.18, he could succeed in the first inning against a Detroit team that is at the bottom of the league in runs scored.
Detroit has a solid arm set to go in this matchup as well, which could result in both teams getting shut down in the first. Matt Manning is 2-2 with a 3.73 ERA this season, and has allowed just five home runs in 50.2 innings of work.
The solo home run is the enemy of the NRFI bet, and Manning’s ability to prevent the longball will help keep both teams scoreless through the first inning of play.
Dodgers vs. Giants (-136)
A rivalry game in the National League West is our final NRFI betting pick of the day, as the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants face off. In any Dodgers game, the Dodgers are the biggest threat to score in the first inning, as they lead the league in runs scored.
Fortunately for those looking to bet on a scoreless first inning, there is a formidable opponent for the Dodgers on the mound to start this game.
Logan Webb is the starter for the Giants on Friday night, who is tasked with shutting down the Dodgers in the first inning and beyond. Webb has an ERA of 2.88 this season, and should make things tougher than most are capable of against Dodgers hitters early on.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago