- Call 1-800-522-4700
TOUR Championship FedEx Golf Betting Odds & Picks
The final event of the PGA Tour season begins this week when the top 30 golfers in the FedEx Cup Standings tee it up at East Lake Golf Club just outside downtown Atlanta, Georgia for the finale to the FedEx Cup Playoffs. The four-day individual stroke play event begins on Thursday, August 25th and concludes on Sunday, August 28th.
Beginning in 2019, the TOUR Championship altered the starting format with the golfer having the most FedEx Cup points beginning the tournament at 10 under par. The player in second place begins and -8 and -7 for third place. The starting positions gradually go down as a player's starting position falls, with the final three players situated from 26-30th beginning at even par.
Patrick Cantlay returns to East Lake to defend his title after grabbing his first individual title of the season last week at the BMW Championship. Cantlay finished the week at 21-under, defeating runner-up Jon Rahm by one stroke.
The winner of this week’s tournament earns both the FedEx Cup title and TOUR Championship along with an $18 million first-place prize. Total prize purse for the season finale falls near $58 million.
Scheffler and his two-shot advantage to start the tournament earns him the favorite pre-tournament play, according to Vegas at +240. Cantlay falls right behind at +330 and Xander Schauffele is third with odds of +600.
Rounding out the top five are Will Zalatoris (+1000) and Rory McIlroy (+1100). Zalatoris picked up his first PGA Tour victory two weeks ago in Memphis at the FedEx St. Jude Championship.
Last year’s runner-up, Jon Rahm, can be grabbed at +1600 but begins the tournament seven-shots back of Scheffler. Rahm and Kevin Na posted the lowest scores total to par last season at East Lake.
The odds jump after that, with three players at +2200. Those include Tony Finau, Sam Burns, and Justin Thomas. Cam Smith (+2800), Sunjae Im (+3000), and Matt Fitzpatrick (+3500) rounds out the top 10.
Scottie Scheffler enters the TOUR Championship atop the FedEx Cup standings and will begin the week at 10-under par. Cantlay aims to become the first golfer to win back-to-back FedEx Cup titles for the first time. Will Zalatoris begins in third place and three-back of Scheffler.
Scott Stallings’ fantastic tournament last week at the BMW earned him his first trip to East Lake in a 12-year career. Cameron Young and Sahith Theegala are the only two rookies to advance to the season finale. Former FedEx Cup winners Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, and Billy Horschel join Cantlay as past winners in the field.
East Lake is the oldest golf course in Atlanta and was established in 1904. Tom Bendelow designed the original layout with Donald Ross and Rees Jones both adding alterations to the course over the years.
The course plays at approximately 7,346 yards and is a par-70. East Lake has hosted the TOUR Championship every year since 2005. The winning score typically hovers around 10-under par (excluding the starting position under par) and has a stroke average of around 68.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- TOUR Championship FedEx Golf Betting Odds & PicksBarry Devoe3 months ago
- BMW Golf Championship Betting PreviewBarry Devoe4 months ago
- FedEx St. Jude Championship Golf Betting PicksBarry Devoe4 months ago
- 3M Open Golf Betting Preview & PicksBarry Devoe5 months ago
- Best Future Bets To Place For The Open Championship of GolfBarry Devoe5 months ago
- Recent Posts
- I Don't Expect The Browns To Win Sunday, And You Shouldn't EitherGrant Puskar5 hours ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins December 6 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli7 hours ago
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers December 6 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe9 hours ago
- The NFL Should Be Cool For Once & Not Fine Ezekiel Elliott For Jumping Into KettleNick Pedone1 day ago
- Three Potential Cavs Trade TargetsTyler Vaysman1 day ago