- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Two BOLD Predictions For Chicago Bears vs. Cleveland Browns
This Sunday, the Chicago Bears will take their 1-1 record into Cleveland, for a showdown with the Browns.
Odell Beckham Jr. will make his 2021 season debut on Sunday.
Odell is not the only player in this game making a debut. Chicago Bears QB, Justin Fields, will be making his first career NFL start on Sunday.
Both teams head into Week 3 with 1-1 records.
Now, it’s time for some bold predictions…
Baker Mayfield will throw Four Touchdown passes on Sunday
Through two games, Baker Mayfield leads the NFL in completion percentage at 81.6 percent.
Mayfield has a QB rating of 101.9. He does, however, have just one touchdown compared to two interceptions.
I know, I know...the touchdown to interception ratio isn’t overly impressive. Let’s look beyond that. Mayfield’s interception against the Texans was not his fault. Rookie wide receiver, Anthony Schwartz, cut his route off short, which led to the interception.
In Week 1, Mayfield’s interception came as he attempted to throw the ball out of bounds, late in the fourth quarter. As he moved to his left his feet got taken out from underneath him. I don’t totally blame Mayfield for this interception. Though, you would like to see your quarterback take care of the ball in late game situations.
The attribute to focus on with Mayfield through the first two games is not his interceptions. It is his accuracy.
Mayfield’s accuracy has been elite through the first two weeks of the NFL season. Mayfield has completed 40 of his 49 passing attempts this season. These are not just west-coast style dink and ducks, either. Mayfield is averaging 10.9 yards per attempt, which ranks second in the NFL.
Sure, he lost his security blanket in Jarvis Landry to the IR earlier in the week, but Mayfield will get back his “pop-the-top off the defense” threat, in Odell Beckham Jr.
Simply put, Mayfield is due.
Look for at least four touchdown passes from Baker this Sunday.
Greg Newsome II will have the Browns first pick 6 of the season on Sunday
Browns rookie CB, Greg Newsome II, has been targeted just four times, through two weeks. In those four targets, Newsome II has given up just six total yards of offense.
Teams just aren’t throwing the ball to Newsome’s side of the field.
Last week, the Texans scripted opening drive was a game plan to come after CB Denzel Ward. Which is an interesting approach but it worked for the Texans, as they were successful in throwing the ball early in last week’s game.
It appeared as if the Texans wanted nothing to do with Greg Newsome II.
Will this continue?
Probably not, for two reasons…
One, every rookie hits a wall at some point, that may come at mid-season for Newsome, but it’s coming.
Two, Denzel Ward, who has struggled through the first two games of the season, will turn things around shortly. Thus, teams will be forced to start throwing the ball Newsome’s way.
Rookie QB, Justin Fields, will start for the Bears on Sunday.
Look for Newsome and the Browns to try and confuse Fields with disguised coverages and blitz packages.
Newsome will be the beneficiary of Fields’ confusion.
Hey, he just might cash in on a pick six.
You heard it here first.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Buffalo Bills AFC Divisional Round Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 weeks ago
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Kansas City Chiefs AFC Divisional Round Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 weeks ago
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals Wild Card Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- NFL Best Bets: Wild Card WeekendRyan Knuppel3 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Akron Zips February 3 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 days ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers February 2 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman4 days ago
- Providence Friars vs. Xavier Musketeers February 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom5 days ago
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats February 1 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe5 days ago