UFC 276 Betting Preview & Picks For Volkanovski vs. Holloway Co-Main Event
This Saturday, July 2, UFC 276 will be taking place at T-Mobile Arena, headlined by two title fights. The co-main event is a historic trilogy between Alex Volkanovski (24-1) and Max Holloway (23-6).
Volkanovski is up 2-0 against Holloway, but both decisions were controversial, and this third installment of the featherweight rivalry will not only be for UFC gold but also a legacy.
Volkanovski vs. Holloway Betting Preview
There is no doubt that these two fighters are two of the best of all time, but they have both ran into each other in the prime years of their MMA careers. Holloway has had two beautiful performances since their last matchup, which kept him at the #1 contender spot and earned his third fight against the champion fighting out of Australia.
Holloway fights out of Hawaii, and the crowd at T-Mobile on Saturday night will surely be the “9th island,” as he likes to call it. The amount of support the former champion has will bring him the much-needed energy to get his belt back.
Volkanovski is a -200 favorite for this one, and Holloway is in a new position as an underdog at +170. This is something that Holloway feeds off of, I believe, along with Volkanovski carrying himself as a champion and the favorite against the future hall of famer.
Both of their first two times meeting in the octagon have been so close that the public opinion seems to be split 50/50 on who should have had the outcomes be in their favor. “Blessed” Holloway is looking to “bring balance back into the world” by laying it on the current champion.
Volkanovski vs. Holloway UFC 276 Betting Picks
In this one, look for Holloway to push the pace from the start. He has stated multiple times that the fans will be blessed to see this one go past three rounds.
This tells me that the urgency he will have in the cage at UFC 276 will be unlike what we have seen from him before. Getting to Volkanovski is no small task; his elite movement and striking ability keep him out of range of even the most elite fighters.
In their second matchup, Holloway dropped Volkanovski twice, which felt like enough for the win for Holloway, but the judges sitting cageside had other opinions. Volkanovski seems to be getting better and better every time he makes that walk, so this one has all the makings to be a classic.
I believe that Holloway’s legacy is so much on the line in this one that he will truly leave everything he has in that cage. The question is, for the bettors… does Holloway have what it takes to get past him?
My pick is Max Holloway to come out on top in a firefight from the start. I’m not sure if it will be a finish, given Volkanovski’s heart and durability, but the energy inside T-Mobile Arena will just be too much for Holloway not to come out victorious. He is going to touch Volkanovski’s chin early and often, and it will be a legendary performance.
Max Holloway to win +170.
Read the rest of our UFC 276 Betting Coverage on betJACK News.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC Fight Night Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 year ago
- UFC Fight Night Thompson vs. Holland Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago