Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Orlando Magic October 14 Betting Preview
The preseason is well underway, as the Cleveland Cavaliers hope to be in the middle of the Eastern Conference Playoff picture this upcoming season while the Orlando Magic look to build towards the future.
Cavaliers vs. Magic Odds
The odds for this game favor the Magic with a spread of -2, and they are the moneyline favorites as they sit at (-129). Given that the game is a preseason game and the regular players won’t be playing, it’s hard to get a good read on which way this game will go.
The Cavs wil come in as underdogs, as their odds on the moneyline sit at (+107).
The over/under is 210.5.
The Cavs are expected to do huge things this season now that they acquired Donovan Mitchell to go along with their amazing core in place with Darius Garland, Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley.
This team didn’t make the playoffs last season after falling to the Brooklyn Nets and Atlanta Hawks in both of their play-in tournament games, but the message the team last year sent was clear in that they’re well ahead of schedule and legit.
Garland really found himself morphing into a deadly scorer and playmaker at the point guard position. Allen established himself as a great rim protector and finisher at the rim, as he qualified for his first ever All-Star Game.
Mobley showed that he is well ahead of schedule as well, with his ability to score in a multitude of ways.
With Mitchell in the fold, this team is expected to be one of the best in their conference.
In terms of tonight's matchup, the Cavs will be resting tons of their starters, but Mobley will see some action in what will be his one and only preseason game this season.
The Magic will look to build toward the future, especially with Paolo Banchero now on board.
Banchero projects to be an elite scorer and could eventually develop into a good playmaker, as he displayed promise in that department while he was at Duke.
Alongside Banchero, the Magic have Wendell Carter Jr., Franz Wagner, Jalen Suggs, Markelle Fultz, Cole Anthony, and several other guys they hope to build around now and for the foreseeable future, but their true success is going to come down to how well Banchero lives up to expectations.
The Magic aren’t expected to be a very good team this season, as they don’t have many pieces that can carry them to wins right now.
However, they should still be expected to play hard night in and night out and develop good habits, which will be essential if Banchero hopes to live up to expectations as an NBA superstar.
Cavaliers vs. Magic Pick
The Magic will likely look to give Paolo Banchero some extra run alongside the young guns, as preseason time is a good way to help develop chemistry.
The Magic may have the edge in this one since they’re more likely to throw out their regular players.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns Preseason Evaluation: Buy or SellMac Blank1 month ago
- NFL Futures Betting Preview: Deshaun WatsonGrant Puskar1 month ago
- When Will Online Gambling Be Legal in Ohio? The 2023 Game-ChangerTony Battalio1 month ago