betJACK Best Bets: Mens College Basketball November 11
Happy Veteran’s Day to all of those who have served this great country over the years! We’ve got a great slate of College Basketball tonight and three picks to get your weekend started.
Michigan State (+11) vs. Gonzaga
The Michigan State Spartans take on the Gonzaga Bulldogs in the Armed Forces Classic tonight on ESPN at 6:30 p.m. This game is fascinating for number a reasons, but mainly because it’s played outdoors on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier on Veteran’s Day. Pretty cool stuff.
It is no surprise that Gonzaga is back with one of the highest scoring offenses in the country. However, Tom Izzo always tends to get his guys up for these types of affairs. Sparty is much deeper than in recent years and will come out with a strong defensive effort. Gonzaga always seems to run through its conference schedule with ease yet struggle with bigger named programs.
I expect Michigan State to keep this one close. Give me Michigan State +11. (Gonzaga 77, Michigan State 69)
Villanova (-5.5) at Temple
Jay Wright is no longer roaming the sidelines, but this Villanova squad is still loaded with talent. Led by veterans Eric Dixon and Caleb Daniels, the Wildcats opened the season with a 13 point victory against LaSalle Monday night. Getting off to a strong start is important for new head coach Kyle Neptune and I expect the Wildcats to come out swinging on the road.
Temple opened the season with an embarrassing loss at home to Wagner 76-73. The Owls have been the epitome of mediocrity for years and I don’t see that changing any time soon.
Give me Villanova -5.5. (Villanova 75, Temple 65)
Lamar (+33) at TCU
It took everything TCU had to avoid an outright upset at home against Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Monday night, after being favored to win by 35 points.
Granted, Lamar is what we would call “bottom of the barrel” in terms of talent, but they aren’t far off from Arkansas-Pine Bluff in terms of comparison. While it’s a small sample size and could have simply been opening night jitters, I’m going to be fading TCU until they prove they deserve that top 15 ranking.
Give me Lamar +33. (TCU 80, Lamar 52)
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe8 months ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman9 months ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel9 months ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman9 months ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago