Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Tulane Green Wave February 7 Betting Preview
On Tuesday night, the Cincinnati Bearcats will head south to the “Big Easy” to take on the Tulane Green Wave. These two American Athletic Conference foes are currently in the top half of the conference standings. Tulane is sitting at 8-3, while Cincinnati is 7-4 in conference. Both teams are on winning streaks, as Tulane has won its last three, while Cincinnati has won two straight.
We’ll give you a brief rundown of each team, and then we’ll give you our betting predictions.
The Bearcats are coming off of a nine-point home victory over Central Florida. Cincinnati forced 24 UCF turnovers, which has been a common theme for the Bearcats this season. The Bearcats haven’t allowed more than 65 points in their last two games.
They’ve held their opponents field goal percentage to just 42 percent on the season. Cincinnati’s interior defense has been stellar this season, and they don’t allow many offensive rebounds.
Offensively, this is a very solid team. They get a ton of shots per game, and their offense is very efficient. They don’t turn the ball over much, and they can work the shot clock to their advantage. With Tulane wanting to play a faster pace of basketball, we look for Cincinnati to be very methodical on the offensive end of the floor.
Tulane Green Wave
Tulane had a huge victory their last time out, as they won in overtime at Memphis. The Green Wave love to push the ball up and down the floor. They don’t shoot particularly well from beyond the arc, but they have one of the best interior-scoring teams in the nation. Tulane has scored 90 points or more in five conference games this season.
Defensively, Tulane is one of the top teams in the country when it comes to steals. These steals lead to numerous points. Tulane does struggle to defend the three-point shot, so that could be a big factor in this one.
The Green Wave are favored to win this one by 1.5 points at home. Tulane loves to get up and down, while Cincinnati will try and slow things down. The Bearcats will make it tough for the Green Wave to play the way they want to play.
While Tulane wants to score down low, the Bearcats have one of the nation’s best interior defenses. The Bearcats will limit Tulane to one shot per possession, as their defense will be too much for the Green Wave offense to overcome.
The last time these two met at the end of 2022, Cincinnati beat Tulane by a score of 88-77. With their contrasting styles, things seem to point in the direction of Cincinnati.
Even though Tulane is at home, we think that the Bearcats are the better overall team. With that being said, we think Cincinnati wins this one outright. It will be close, but the Bearcats will leave New Orleans with a huge road victory.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe6 months ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman6 months ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel7 months ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman7 months ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman7 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar3 days ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank3 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank1 month ago