betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24
The 2022-2023 NCAA basketball season is flying by and we’re only 50 days out from March Madness! We have a small slate tonight but are back with three of the best bets to build that bankroll!
Miami FL (-3) vs. Florida State
It is always tough to win on the road in conference play, especially in a tough conference like the ACC. However, the Hurricanes are taking on a Florida State team that has been absolutely terrible up to this point in the season.
This is arguably Leonard Hamilton’s worst Seminole squad (7-13 record) since he took over in 2002, with bad losses against Stetson, Troy, and Siena. Miami comes into tonight with a 15-4 record and fresh off a close loss on the road at Duke. This is a great bounce back spot for the Hurricanes and I expect them to come out firing. Florida State won’t be able to hold up on the defensive end.
Give me Miami FL -3. (Miami FL 78, Florida State 72)
Missouri vs. Ole Miss Over 143.5
If you’ve followed past articles, you’ll know I am a big believer in the metrics and numbers Ken Pom puts out in his subscriber section of his website. He has this total at 149, well above the current line of 143.5.
With Ole Miss only a -1.5 home favorite, the possibility of OT is definitely in play, but that’s not the only reason I like the over in this one. Missouri comes in with a Top 10 offense nationally and Ole Miss has struggled on the defensive end in conference play, giving up 82 and 84 just this month to Auburn and Alabama respectively.
Assuming Ole Miss can score close to their season average of 67 PPG, I’ll lean on Missouri to handle the rest and push this over the 143.5.
Give me the over 143.5. (Missouri 76, Ole Miss 70)
TCU (-5.5) vs. Oklahoma
No team has been more Jekyll and Hyde than TCU up to this point. Early on, they struggled against Arkansas Pine Bluff and lost at home to Northwestern State while more recently going on the road and knocking off both Kansas and Baylor.
Assuming the TCU team of late shows up, they’ll have no problem against a middle of the road Oklahoma team. I’m most excited to watch Mike Miles and Grant Sherfield go back and forth trading buckets in what could turn out to be a shootout. In the end, I expect TCU to get big stops late and slightly cover the 5.5 with late freethrows.
Give me TCU -5.5. (TCU 74, Oklahoma, 67)
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe6 months ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman6 months ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel7 months ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman7 months ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman7 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar1 day ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago