MAC Tournament Betting Preview
The top eight teams in the MAC will be participating in this event, with the winner earning the automatic berth into the NCAA Tournament. The MAC will be a one-bid league, and so it will take winning three straight games to advance to the “Big Dance.”
As always, the MAC has been unpredictable all season long, and there have been a number of upsets. The old adage says that “Anything can happen in March,” and that will likely be true at the MAC Tournament.
Six of the eight teams in the field are from the state of Ohio, and there will be plenty of rooting interest in the state this week. Here is a quick look at the MAC Tournament betting odds and some predictions as to what might happen.
Updated MAC Tournament Betting Odds
- Toledo Rockets +190
- Buffalo Bulls +200
- Akron Zips +500
- Kent State Golden Flashes +500
- Bowling Green Falcons +900
- Ohio Bobcats +900
- Ball State Cardinals +2000
- Miami (OH) Redhawks +2800
MAC Tournament Predictions
The Toledo Rockets won the regular-season title in the MAC, and that has earned them the top overall seed in the MAC Tournament. Toledo will take on Ball State in the first round, and these teams actually split during the regular season.
Toledo was picked to finish in 6th place in the preseason poll, but the Rockets have a high-powered offense that is tough to stop.
The Buffalo Bulls are the number two seed, and they will open up against the Miami (OH) Redhawks. Buffalo got off to a great start to the season but struggled down the stretch.
Despite having the 6th best odds to win the MAC Tournament title, the Ohio Bobcats will be a team to watch this week. Ohio was picked to finish in second place in the MAC this season, and there are few teams as talented in the league.
The Bowling Green Falcons were the overwhelming favorites to win the regular-season title, but they will enter the MAC Tournament as the number six seed. Bowling Green has struggled to find consistency, but they can be the best team in the league when they are playing well.
The regular season in the MAC was extremely unpredictable, and it should be much of the same in the MAC Tournament. There will likely be some “upsets,” but most of these teams are very evenly matched from seeds 1-8.
It just feels like there will be a battle of two teams from Ohio in the title game, and there are good odds of that happening with six teams in the field. A finals matchup of Toledo versus Ohio would provide great theater, and that could very well be the case at the MAC Tournament.
There will be plenty of high-scoring games along the way, but Toledo and Ohio are two of the best picks to win the MAC Tournament.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago